Dr. Abravanel's Diet Plan: Gonadal Body Type
If you have taken Dr. Abravanel's test and learned that your metabolism fits the characteristics of a Gonadal or Ovarian-type, congratulations!
Your Body Type
As a G-type, your metabolism is unique to women. Many models are G-types because when they are well-balanced, their curvy figures photograph well. If you are an overweight G-type, you have probably gained weight by eating foods that stimulate your ovaries (e.g., greasy foods such as creamy sauces or dips, and spicy foods like Mexican or Thai). You probably favor dishes made with plenty of cheese or butter. You don't have a great sweet tooth and are more likely tempted by fatty or oily foods.
Foods to Avoid
Although you crave fatty foods, they overstimulate, exhaust, and cause an imbalance in your metabolism. This causes fat and/or cellulite to accumulate on your rear end and outer thighs. In order to re-establish balance in your metabolism, your diet plan involves cutting out ovary-stimulating foods and increasing foods that will stimulate your pituitary and thyroid glands. This means cutting down on red meat and eating less fats and oils. You must also vow off spices for now — no more Thai or Mexican for a while.
Foods to Eat
Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and consume low or non-fat dairy products. A small amount of sugar and caffeine is allowed, as well as a moderate amount of carbohydrates. After this, you will quickly lose weight and gain more energy. You will also see a decrease in the cellulite deposits on your thighs and buttocks.
Since you most likely live for flavorful food, you need to learn to enjoy the flavor of herbs instead of spices. Try dill, parsley, basil, tarragon, and thyme. Get protein from lean chicken, fish, and dairy. Yogurt and cottage cheese are also great sources of low-fat protein that will give you energy throughout the afternoon and evening.
If you like the idea of a vegetarian diet, your metabolism is well-suited for such a lifestyle. Get your protein from farm fresh eggs, legumes, tofu, and light dairy products.
In a Nutshell:
- No red meat.
- Minimal fats and oils.
- Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Plenty of light dairy products.
- Small amounts of sugar and caffeine.
- Moderate amounts of carbohydrates from mostly whole grains.
- No spices.
- Fish or poultry should be broiled, grilled, or baked and eaten without the skin.
- Vegetables should be steamed, boiled, sautéed, or roasted in the permitted amount of oil.
It's also important for you to eat a VERY light breakfast in the morning. Try a piece of fruit and a cup of coffee or tea. If you start the day with a heavy meal, you will eat heavily all day. Your metabolism actually handles food better late in the day rather than early.
Lunch should also be fairly light so you can burn fat through the afternoon. Dinner is your most substantial meal. It will help you avoid snacking on fatty foods in the evening, too. Observe intervals between meals. Avoid eating 4 hours between breakfast and lunch and 5 hours between lunch and dinner.
Your two danger periods when you will most crave a snack is late morning and late evening. Try to resist the urge. Red clover tea is recommended to help curb your metabolism. It is traditionally prescribed to ease menstrual cramps because it works directly on the gonads. Your overtaxed metabolism will benefit greatly from drinking it regularly. If you absolutely must have a snack, try a few grapes or a couple of strawberries.
Your Diet Plan
- 1 small piece of fruit: apple, peach, plum, papaya, mango, kiwi, star fruit, a cup of grapes, chopped pineapple, cantaloupe or other melon, or cherries or berries (Can substitute 1 cup applesauce for the fresh fruit, if desired.) Eat whatever fruit is in season.
- Coffee or tea sweetened with sugar or honey
- A large green salad with 1 teaspoon of clear diet dressing (no creamy dressing allowed)
- ½ cup cooked sweet vegetables such as carrots, beets, pumpkin, squash, or turnip
- 1 egg OR 3 ounces of low-fat dairy (string cheese or cottage cheese) OR 1 ½ cups non-fat yogurt OR 1 cup low-fat or non-fat yogurt or cottage cheese
- 1 serving of whole grain: 1 slice of bread OR ½ cup cooked brown rice, quinoa, pasta, rye Krispbreads, etc.
- 1 glass skim milk
- 1 piece of fruit
- Coffee or tea
- 4 ounces white meat poultry or fish OR a 2-egg omelette (only eat eggs once a day)
- Steamed vegetables (as many as you like): spinach, zucchini, red peppers, green beans, peas
- 1 teaspoon of oil or butter to be used in preparation of veggie or protein
- 1 grain serving (brown rice, whole grain pasta, quinoa, etc.)
- 1 piece of fruit
- 1 glass of skim milk
- Chicken salad made with plain, low-fat yogurt on whole grain bread with a bowl of vegetable soup
- Grilled salmon or tuna steak served with risotto and steamed vegetables
- Stir-fry with plenty of vegetables and chicken, shrimp, or tofu served with brown rice or soba noodles
- Lamb kabobs served with Greek salad and falafel or tabouli salad
- Try baked pears or apples for dessert or have a cappuccino or latte
Dr. Abravanel´s Diet Plan For Gonadal or Ovarian Body Types
Poultry & Fish
Low or Non-Fat Dairy
Other Rich Foods
Substitute dried herbs or turmeric for curry powder.
Gonadal Types With Special Needs
If you need to lose a lot of weight or you feel your sluggish metabolism is getting off to a slow start, Dr. Abravanel offers a diet plan called “the last 5 pounds diet” that you can stay on for a week at a time. The weight will come off very quickly if you stay on this diet. I really recommend you get the book for the wealth of information he offers about exercise, vitamin supplements, and even sleep schedule for your body type.
If you are going through menopause or are post-menopause, you will find special guidelines for you on pages 98-100 of Dr. Abravanel's book.
Red Clover Tea
Red clover tea has long held an important place in our forefathers' medicine cabinet. Some of the benefits include, but are not limited to:
- soothing coughs and colds
- easing symptoms of bronchitis and asthma
- calming skin irritations
- putting a stop to arthritis pain
- relieving symptoms of anxiety and insomnia
Research shows that red clover tea may help bone density. Coupled with weight-bearing exercise, it may protect you from osteoporosis. Red clover also lifts the mood and helps premenopausal women cope with anxiety and depression. If taken daily for 12 weeks, it should lessen hot flashes by 44%.
As always, check with your health care provider before beginning a new diet or adding herbs to your diet.