Easy Energy-Boosting Cracker Recipe (Gluten-Free Option Included!)
Chia seeds, quinoa, and sesame seeds are regarded by many as "super foods." Among other benefits, these foods are gluten-free and are said to help with energy and metabolic health (such as weight loss).
These crackers are both filling and energy-boosting, and I personally make them weekly because I love them so much! I hope you enjoy them as well, and that they help you through that 2 p.m. slump the way they help me!
- 1 1/2 cups flour, (use almond or coconut flour for a gluten free approach!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, chia seeds, quinoa, sesame seeds, salt, garlic salt, chill powder, pepper).
- Gradually mix in the oil and water until a dough-like mixture forms.
- Form mixture into a ball and chill for 10 minutes (this will toughen it up a little so that it will be easier to roll out).
- After the dough has chilled, take a palm sized section of the dough and roll it out with a rolling pin until it is evenly paper thin. Make sure to roll out in small batches! This will make it easier to get thinner crackers.
- Once rolled out, cut the dough into squares (or whatever shape you prefer!). I personally prefer when they look homemade, so don't worry too much if your crackers are not perfectly uniform!
- Transfer crackers to a parchment lined baking sheet. This can be the trickiest part, so take your time!
- Bake crackers at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool and enjoy!