How to Lose 6 Lbs in One Week
Make Mental Preparations
First of all, before you can lose 6 lbs in one week, you have to let yourself in on the secret. Tell yourself what you intend to do; and no, I'm not saying that you should go nuts about it. Your will power will be your drive to accomplish any task that is humanly possible. We all have positive and negative voices and we should aim to think the positive way. Purpose in your heart that you are going to follow through with your diet and exercise plan for the week.
It's always good to start a new program tomorrow, whatever day it will be. Doing this is not a binging opportunity, but a means of making necessary purchases and a chance to start anew without further delay. Here are a few things that you can do today to make sure that tomorrow will start off well.
- Purchase low calorie foods, spices, condiments, meats and beverages
- Prepare a meal plan. This should include your menu of meals and snacks for each day of the week.
- Start your research and prepare to begin counting calories.
- Join calorie counting sites with extensive food database. Good places to start are MyFitnessPal.com or CalorieCount.about.com. These websites are free to use and you can set up your fitness, weight and diet profile in no time. They also include enormous user support and reliable nutrition database.
- You are going to go on a strict diet tomorrow so take a lot of rest and plan well for the rest of the week.
After getting your things together, then it is time to begin your diet. The key factor to losing 6 lbs in a week, is to try to consume significantly fewer calories than you normally would, and expend more calories than you normally would.
What's the most of weight you have lost in 1 week?
Important Survival Tips
- Never skip meals. This is important. Try to eat small amounts frequently throughout the day. Eat your low calorie meals and enjoy low calorie snacks in between.
- Drink, drink, drink. You must try to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. Not only does water help to keep you feeling full, it also helps prevent your body from becoming dehydrated, helps boost metabolism and helps rid your body of excess water weight.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables are great snack foods. They are of high nutritive value yet low in calories.
- Try to focus on losing weight. If you are tempted or pressures to eat something that will not benefit you weight loss, turn your head away from it. Take a deep breath and dump the food if you can. If you want to lose 6 lbs in 1 week, you have to keep focus on your goal.
- Drinking teas like green tea can help you to lose weight. Have a cup without sugar at least 3 times each day.
- Citrus fruits especially grapefruit contain fat burning elements. Since grapefruit is a high calorie fruit, you may want to have 1/2 of the fruit in the morning instead of eating it all in one go. Store the other half in the refrigerator until the next day.
- Although you want to lose 6 lbs in a week, weight loss does not have to stop there. Try to lose at least 5 lbs more than your weight loss goal. This will allow for fluctuations in your weight that may occur a few days after dieting.
- After dieting and meeting your goal, avoid over-eating. It is best to adapt good eating habits from here on. Follow a 1200 to 2000 calorie diet, which is quite ample for most. Don't ever get carried away into believing that you just have to eat a particular food. Once you get back into bad eating habits, you will find that your body starts to develop a craving for the particular type of food.
- Train your body to eat right as this will benefit you for the rest of your life.
Examples of Low Calorie Meals and Snacks
For the week, drink a glass of cold water soon after waking up each morning. A good diet breakfast is best kept below 250 calories. Here are some examples:
1 or 2 glasses ice cold water
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (drink by itself of with water)
1/2 cup instant oatmeal
1/2 cup low fat skimmed milk or low fat almond milk
1/2 of an orange or 1 small banana
1 cup unsweetened green tea or detox tea (or sweetened with sugar-free sweetener if preferred)
1 glass of cold water
1 slice of wholewheat toast with 1 tbsp low fat cream cheese spread
1/2 of a small papaya, 1 small banana or 1/2 grapefruit or orange
1 cup unsweetened green tea or detox tea
1 hard boiled egg unsalted
3 slices of tomato
1/2 slice wholewheat bread with 1 tsp low fat butter
1/2 of an orange or 1 small banana
1 cup unsweetened green tea
6 Almond Nuts OR 12 Raisins
1 grilled chicken leg or 1/2 grilled chicken breast
1 large bowl of fresh garden salad made with lettuce, cabbage, carrot, tomato, 1 tsp flax seeds
Salad Dressing: 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp sugar, dash of cayenne pepper, dash of parsley flakes.
1 piece of baked chicken leg or 1/2 baked chicken breast
1/2 cup mashed potatoes, unsalted with no gravy
3 baby carrots steamed without salt
1 cup lettuce leaves with 1 tbsp Smuckers sugar free jam OR 3 wholewheat crackers with 1tbsp cream cheese spread.
1/2 medium cucumber dressed with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar and a dash of cayenne pepper. If you want this snack to be sweet, add a sachet of no-calorie sweetener or 1/2 tsp sugar.
SIMPLE WEIGHT LOSS DINNER EXAMPLE:
1/2 cup cabbage, kale
1 medium carrot diced
6 mini mushrooms halved
1/3 cup cubed plain tofu
1/2 cup garlic, sweet pepper, tomato, onions or leeks (mix and match, all of these together should accumulate to half cup)
1 tbsp parsley flakes, marjoram flakes
1/4 cup fat free chicken broth
Olive oil cooking spray
Spray an olive oil based cooking spray in the frying pan. When the pot is heated, add garlic, onions, tomato, sweet pepper, leeks and tofu. Add parsley, marjoram, and tofu to the pot and stir thoroughly. Add all the other vegetable ingredients and 1/4 cup of chicken broth. Stir, lower flame and leave to steam for 8 minutes. Have this alone for dinner and add 1 tsp of cayenne pepper if you can tolerate it.
The key to keeping full on vegetables is to have as much of them in your dish as possible. Therefore, add at least 1 cup or more of cabbage, 1 whole medium carrot, 1 cup of kale, 1 large tomato and so on. You can also have as much onions and sweet peppers as you want.
2 cups shredded cabbage
1/4 cup diced: carrots, sweet pepper, string beans
1 tbsp dried soya mince
1 tbsp country crock reduced fat butter or reduced fat I Can't Believe Its Not Butter
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp mixed anise, marjoram, oregano, cayenne pepper
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of fat free chicken broth
Olive oil cooking spray
Spray a medium sized pot with olive oil spray for 2 seconds. Add low fat butter and allow to melt. Add soya mince, garlic, anise, marjoram, oregano, sweet pepper, carrots and beans. Stir ingredients for a minute. Add cabbage, water and chicken broth. Stir this mixture for about 20 seconds. Lower flame, cover and let steam for 5 minutes.
1 cup Hunts Sugar Free Snack Pack
OR 1/2 cup diced cantaloupe (18 calories) with 1 or 2 tbsp whipped cream (20 calories)
Eat Similar Low Fat, Low Carb Dishes Everyday For 6 Days
You can have the same or similar dishes everyday. Try to be very conscious in making food choices. If you get hungry before mealtime, eat any of the snacks suggested or have low sugar fruits like cantaloupe or watermelon throughout the day. You can also eat vegetables like cucumbers or tomatoes as snacks to help you deal with hunger. Drinking is important. If you do not like the taste of water all the time, drink low calorie beverages now and again. Many popular carbonated brands have alternatives which are 10 calories or less.
Also, since you really want to lose at least 6 lbs this week, you should keep check of your calorie intake. While you are not supposed to starve yourself, try to tolerate foods choices that will not surpass the 1000 calorie for your diet days. Eat small amounts frequently and avoid sugar and salt at all costs. Some people manage to eat less than 800 calories for days, but try to do what you can manage, you are not trying to torture yourself.
You Must Exercise If You Want To Lose 6 Lbs In 1 Week
Yes, you might not like to hear this, but you have to exercise to help expend some extra calories. You can do 30 minutes of regular workouts for the 6 days that you are dieting, or you can do 15 minutes of intense workouts daily for 6 days. Whichever you choose, be sure to include a mixture of jumps and squats in your routine. If you decide to jog, Jog for 15 minutes then spend 2 minutes rope-jumping. After doing this continue jogging for another 15 minutes then rope-jump again. High Intensity cardio workouts can be added to low impact exercises for greater efficiency. The more exercise and activities you can undertake, the quicker you will lose weight. Exercise also helps boost weight loss, speed up your metabolism and has a variety of healthful benefits to your body.
Well, losing weight is not easy. You have to work very hard for it to happen. It takes a lot of determination and strength of will. It might not seem like a lot to lose six pounds in one week, but it is more than most think. Our bodies are designed to conserve and retail energy, not to shed it so easily. You have to also realize that this is a temporary diet idea. While you may lose 6 lbs or more in 1 week, you might not lose the same amount the next week. This is because in your first week of dieting, your body will be expending mostly water weight. Losing fat takes more time and effort, you may not lose a significant amount of body fat until around a month or more of continuous diet and exercise. Keep your goal in mind and be focused on what you want to accomplish. Things may be hard at first, but it will all workout.