How to Get Rid of Belly Fat and Lose Overall Weight Quickly and Safely
Are You Struggling to Lose Your Belly Bulge and Overall Weight?
If you are, you're not alone. My girlfriends always complain that they put on extra belly fat in the winter. As soon as bikini advertisements start showing on TV or in magazines, panic ensues! Is it a legitimate concern? Some people may find it looks a bit unattractive, but these are some health-related concerns that should be considered as well. When you carry excess weight such as belly fat, there is an increased chance of developing the following issues:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease.
Storing fat, especially around the middle of the body, can potentially harm us, which leads me to believe that we should try to reduce the level we have.
How Can I Lose Belly Fat and Overall Weight Quickly?
Research shows that by eating certain foods and avoiding others, we may be able to speed the losing process. Exercise is also an important activity to add to your life. Some supplements can help us as well, and I'll share more about that below.
When we set out to lose belly fat, we will always lose fat and weight from others parts of our body. We tone up and become healthier and fitter. Focusing on reducing belly fat will help our overall health.
What Foods Should I Not Eat When I Am Trying to Get Rid of Belly Fat and Lose Weight?
My summer weight loss plan doesn't include any "bad for you" carbohydrates. The idea is to include healthy fats and a smaller amount of healthy carbohydrates. Plant-based diets are great when you're trying to eliminate belly fat and achieve allover weight loss.
What I'm saying no to:
- Fizzy drinks
- White bread
- White pasta
If you exclude unhealthy carbs from your diet, you can easily lose 12 pounds in eight weeks. When you go on a low-fat diet, you may only lose six pounds. This is because many carbohydrates are empty calories. The body cannot use them, so it stores them as fat, which then leads to excess belly fat and overall excess body weight.
Foods to Eat to Get Rid of Belly Fat and Overall Body Fat
Monounsaturated fats are better for your health. Not only do they help with weight loss, but they also give you more energy and make you feel better. If you're suffering from aching joints, you will find that a diet high in monounsaturated fats can ease your pain and increase joint mobility.
Healthy monounsaturated fats can be found in the following foods:
- Olive oil
- Lean meat
Omega-3s are also healthy fats, and they can be found in salmon, sardines, and tuna. People who have high levels of Omega-3 essential fatty acids in their blood tend to have smaller waists and weigh less than people who don't.
- When you're trying to lose belly fat and overall body fat, it could be a good idea to take a supplement of Omega-3. Not only will it help you to lose weight, but taking the supplement will help you to increase circulation. This is a great way to lose extra fat!
Carbohydrates You Need in Your Life
The body does need carbohydrates, but it can only use healthy ones. Where can you find them?
- Whole-grain bread
- Whole-grain cereals
- Brown rice
This is good news! You don't need to eliminate bread entirely from your diet—substitute white bread with brown bread. Not only can it help you lose weight, but whole grains also help prevent constipation, which can then lead to a bloated stomach. People who have substituted white cereals with the whole grain variety are normally healthier and have flatter stomachs.
Low-Fat Foods You Should Eat
Low-fat foods you should include in your diet are:
- skim milk,
- and cheese.
It's important to include dairy in your diet to get calcium and promote healthy bones. Calcium is also a very important nutrient to help us absorb our food.
- Also, remember to drink a lot of water! This will help you with weight loss and increase your kidney function.
4 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Pick a breakfast recipe to eat each day, but don't forget about your calcium intake! Drink 300 ml of low-fat milk or eat one bowl of fat-free natural yogurt daily. Each of the breakfast ideas below will provide you with 250 calories.
- Make a base of a quarter cup of low-fat natural yogurt. Top it with two tablespoons of toasted oats and two handfuls of blueberries. Garnish everything with one tablespoon of almonds and a teaspoon of honey.
- Toast one slice of whole grain bread. Spread one tablespoon of peanut butter on top. Slice one small banana and spread the slices on top of the peanut butter.
- Chop up one kiwi and one slice of cantaloupe. Add them along with two handfuls of raspberries to a small bowl of fat-free yogurt. Top everything with one tablespoon of almond flakes.
- Scoop out a large bowl of yogurt. Add five dried prunes and five dried figs to the yogurt, and enjoy!
5 Healthy Lunch Ideas
Pick one of the five lunch ideas below to eat every day. Feel free to add extra salad and vegetables to fill up! Each option will provide you with 350 calories.
- Slice up one small avocado and tomato. Add reduced-fat cheese and olives to the vegetables. Drizzle a low-calorie dressing or olive oil on top.
- Toast one slice of whole-grain bread. Eat it with one can of sardines in tomato sauce. Add a salad and one fruit of your choice.
- Place six tablespoons of cooked brown rice in a bowl Add two tablespoons of sweet corn, cucumber slices, tomato slices, and tuna or salmon from a tin. Top it with a fat-free dressing or olive oil.
- Slice up one apple and two celery sticks. Add them to a bowl of lettuce. Add one tablespoon of low-fat mayo and twelve walnut halves. You've made a diet-friendly Waldorf salad! Have a piece of your favorite fruit for dessert.
- Enjoy a small portion of steamed salmon on a piece of toast. Add a side of two shredded, raw carrots.
4 Healthy Dinner Ideas
These delicious dinner ideas will help you enjoy the weight-losing process. Each meal contains 450 calories.
- Grill one tuna steak and boil five potatoes. Throw together a green salad with an olive oil dressing. For dessert, have one small bowl of greek yogurt and an apple.
- Make an omelet with mushrooms, two eggs, skimmed milk, and a quarter cup of grated, reduced-fat cheese. Serve it with one slice of whole grain bread and a salad. For dessert, enjoy a kiwi.
- Roast one chicken breast and serve it with three cooked potatoes. Make a salad with tomatoes and red onions. For dessert, eat two fresh figs or four strawberries.
- Roast the following vegetables: one sweet potato, half of a courgette (zucchini), half of a red pepper, half of a green pepper, and one red onion. Crumble 50 grams of feta cheese over the vegetables. Have one apple for dessert.
Exercises to Help You Lose Weight Safely
Eating right is important, but exercise is right up there with it. One of the best exercises for weight loss is something you probably do every day: walking! Adding aerobic exercise to your program will also make you more fit overall. Here are some easy aerobic exercises you can add to your daily routine.
- Walk for 30 minutes at any time during the day. It doesn't matter if you have to break up the time into two 15-minute intervals. Just walk.
- Spend 20 minutes climbing the stairs every day.
- Swim for 30 minutes. Doing this burns calories and tones your body.
Mix and match these easy exercises, and you should see the difference over time.
If sit-ups are not a good option, try these alternatives:
- Yoga Plank: Yoga planks are a great exercise for the tummy muscles. Hold one for 30 seconds, and then repeat it five times. The plank is often done as part of yoga sun salutations. Why not do a full set?
- Leg Raises: Lay down on the side of your bed and raise your legs. Bring them up until they're at a 90° angle. Then, slowly lower them until your legs are level to the bed. Support yourself on your elbows. Repeat this five times.
- Hip Raises: Lie down on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Put your hands by your sides for support, and raise your hips so you are in a straight position from your shoulders to your knees. Hold this for ten seconds. Repeat this five times.
- Waist Toning: Stand with your legs hip-width apart. Allow your hand to drop to the knee by your side. Do three sets of 15 reps on each side. This will really help to tone your waist.
How Much Weight Will I Lose on This Diet?
All of my girlfriends spent 10 days on this diet. We all lost weight at different rates, but they all lost between 4-9 pounds per person. However, the most amazing thing was the inch loss. One girl lost only 4 lbs, but she shaved 3 inches off her waist. She was addicted to white bread and has now sworn to never touch the stuff again.
You are eating around 1,300 calories on this diet per day, so if you exercise, your weight loss will increase. My girlfriend who lost 4 lbs only did the daily toning exercises and walked 30 minutes every other day.
Supplements to Help Lose Weight
- Green tea: Drinking green tea is a good fat buster, but you must drink at least six cups per day. Replace some of your water with green tea.
- Soya lecithin: Soya lecithin loves fat. It picks up fat molecules and transports them out of the body.
- Omega 3 fish oil: Unless you are on blood-thinning medication or statins, it is safe to take 1000 mg three times per day.
- Gingko Biloba: This is not very often thought of as a diet supplement, but gingko biloba increases microcirculation. Better blood circulation makes the body work more efficiently.
- Sleep: If we don't get enough sleep, we feel the need to eat. It comes down to a hormone called leptin.
- Top Tip: Ditch the cigarettes. Smoking makes it more difficult for you to lose weight.
- Vitamin B Complex: This can help you a great deal. Not only will it help increase your energy levels, but it will also help speed up your metabolism.
Diets and weight loss
How often do you diet?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2013 Annie Messeri