Health Benefits of Herbal Teas
- Bilberry has been used for centuries in folk remedies and is one of the best teas for weight loss.
- This tea is rich in antioxidants. It is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti fungal.
- It inhibits the growth of fungus and strengthens the immune system.
- Bilberry improves vision, prevents cataracts and slows down muscular degeneration.
- This tea protects you from strokes and atherosclerosis. It also protects diabetics by lowering blood sugar levels and treating urinary tract infections.
How to make Bilberry Tea
- Place a tablespoon of bilberry fruit and leaves into a cup.
- Add hot water to the tea Cover. Leave for five minutes.
Cayenne Pepper Tea
- Cayenne pepper opens up the arteries to restore normal blood flow to the heart and may help to prevent a heart attack.
- It also regulates your blood pressure.
- Cayenne Pepper tea and lemon boost your metabolism and thereby help you to lose weight.
- This tea has anti-fungal and immune boosting properties
How to make Cayenne Pepper Tea with Lemon Juice
- Place a teaspoon of dried cayenne pepper into a cup of hot water.
- Add the juice of half a lemon.
- Cover and let stand for three minutes. Drink.
- The Chinese have been drinking tea as a tonic and herbal remedy for centuries.
- Black tea contains properties with the ability to remove bacteria in the digestive system and to fight against certain forms of cancer.
- This tea lowers cholesterol and keeps your heart healthy.
Flavonoids in Tea Reduce Heart and Arterial Disease
- Flavonoids help reduce the absorption of fat into the blood stream and thereby help to reduce cholesterol.
- They also slow down the oxidation process that is the cause of fatty tissue in the blood vessels.
- Eat fruit and veggies, as well as beverages that contain plenty of antioxidants,
- Healthier arteries mean good circulation and a healthier body. Blockages of the arteries can lead to heart attacks and strokes.
Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea Capsules 24
It brews up a very strong, warm and spicy tea, with no sweetener needed. When I filled my cup with boiling water, the rich aroma of cinnamon filled my kitchen. I love this hot spicy tea. I bought the teabags first. I prefer the sachets to the teabags. K cups are convenient, but the sachets brew up stronger tea. I drink it daily. With so many health benefits and also the delicious flavor who can resist it.
- Cinnamon lowers Blood Sugar Levels and helps with the treatment of Type 2 diabetes.
- The antioxidants in cinnamon have anti-inflammatory effects which may help lower the risk of disease, fight infection and repair damage to tissue.
- This tea has high levels of manganese which is used to build bones, blood and other connective tissues.
- The body needs manganese for optimal bone health.
- Cinnamon extracted from cassia varieties is thought to help fight against HIV by strengthening the immune system.
- Cloves are packed with antioxidants that can neutralize free radicals and protect us from diseases. It is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-septic.
- This tea contains vitamins, such as folic acid, vitamin C and vitamin K, as well as minerals such as omega 3 fatty acids, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, copper, iron, zinc and selenium.
- Cloves can be used as a pain killer and gives relief to toothache, as well as a sore throat.
- It has been used as an aphrodisiac in old folk remedies.
How to make Clove Tea
- Grind one tablespoon of whole cloves for one cup of tea.
- Boil water and add a cup to the cloves.
- Cover. Let it stand for ten to twenty minutes.
- Strain to filter out cloves. Add honey if needed.
- Cinnamon is filled with antioxidants, which protect us from free radicals, which have been linked to many degenerative diseases.
- This tea has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties and inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria.
- It is also a tea that improves circulation, is a digestive remedy, is anti-aging, and helps with menopausal symptoms. Do not take this herbal tea during pregnancy, as it is a uterine stimulant.
- Cinnamon contains high levels of manganese and calcium that help with strong bones and cartilage development.
- This herbal tea has been used successfully with weight loss and stabilizes blood sugar levels.
- Ceylon cinnamon is gaining popularity for health reasons. It has low coumarin levels. Cassia cinnamon has a unique taste. It has high levels of coumarin which thins the blood but may cause liver damage if taken in excess.
How to make Cinnamon Tea
- Place two cups of water into pot and place on stove.
- Add one cinnamon stick, broken into small pieces.
- Slowly bring water to boil. Remove from heat.
- Let steep for fifteen minutes.
- Strain the tea through strainer.
- Add sugar and milk as required.
- Reheat and drink.
- Put cinnamon stick, broken into pieces, in a cup.
- Add boiling water. Add teabag. Leave for fifteen minutes.
- Remove teabag and use strainer to remove the pieces of cinnamon stick.
- Add sugar and milk.
Alvita Organic Fenugreek Herbal Tea.
The best organic herbal tea. Alvita organic fenugreek herbal tea comes with 24 teabags. It is known to calm your nerves. Fenugreek tea is popular with nursing mothers as it increases their milk supply. I drink this tea at least twice a day, sometimes more, because I know of its ability to remove fatty deposits from your arteries. This is very important for a healthy heart.
The Best Fenugreek Tea
- This herbal tea is a cleanser and detoxifier.
- It is anti-inflammatory and has an aphrodisiac effect. Fenugreek tea is effective in reducing fevers.
- It also removes fatty deposits from your arteries.
- Research has shown that fenugreek tea has the ability to stop the growth of cancer cells without damage to healthy cells.
How to make Fenugreek Tea
- Place a teaspoon of crushed seeds in a cup.
- Add hot water. Cover. Steep the tea for ten minutes.
- Strain and drink.
- Ginger tea contain vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals, which have been linked to be the cause of degenerative diseases.
- This tea also contains magnesium and potassium.
- It is a popular tea and strengthens the immune system. It also lowers your cholesterol. Drinking ginger tea prevents fatty deposits in the arteries and protects you from strokes.
- Ginger tea has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties and is helpful in treating arthritis.
- It aids circulation, is an energizer and a stimulator.
- Drinking this tea both stimulates and calms the digestive system.
- It is good for nausea, stomach aches, flu, indigestion, headaches, fever and aching muscles.
How to make Ginger Tea
- Bring two cups of water to boil in saucepan.
- Add two teaspoons grated ginger. Remove from heat.
- Cover and let it steep for ten minutes.
- Strain the water to remove the ginger.
- Add lemon juice if required.
- Add honey to taste.
- Ginseng Tea has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties, which strengthens the immune system and protects you from serious diseases.
- The root can be chewed or brewed as a tea.
- It regulates the metabolism and increases energy levels.
- Ginseng improves concentration and memory.
- This tea helps men with erectile dysfunction. It is also helpful to diabetics, assisting with their blood sugar levels.
- Pregnant women should avoid taking ginseng.
- It has anti-aging benefits as it contains powerful antioxidant properties.
- It is said to increase strength and stamina and make a person feel young again.
- You can buy ginseng teabags as well as capsules or make your own.
How to make Ginseng Tea
- Place about six slices of ginseng in a cup. Add hot water.
- Cover. Let steep for five minutes. Strain and drink.
Health Benefits of Herbal Tea
Green Tea Helps in weight loss
- Green tea contains vitamin C, niacin, potassium, manganese, folic acid and zinc.
- It contains powerful antioxidants, which help fight free radicals and lowers cancer risk. It helps to prevent flu, as well as gum diseases.
- It also lowers cholesterol thereby promoting heart health and it regulates blood sugar levels.
- This is a tea that controls inflammation, and can assist in the treatment of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- It strengthens the immune system and also raises metabolism, thereby assisting in weight loss.
- Green tea can be bought at supermarkets.
- Lemon tea has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Prevents infections and relieves arthritis.
- It is high in vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes the free radicals in your body.
- This tea contains minerals, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, zinc and potassium.
- It is good for the digestive system, boosts vitality, removes toxins from your body, and gives mental clarity and a healthy skin.
How to make Lemon Tea
- Grate the lemon skin to obtain lemon zest. Squeeze the juice from a lemon.
- Boil two cups of water. Add tea leaves. Cover. Let stand for three minutes.
- Add teaspoon of the lemon zest and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Cover.
- Let stand for two minutes. Add honey.
- Mulberry leaf tea has been used medicinally for thousands of years in China and India.
- One of the amazing abilities of this tea is that it has an ability to prevent sugars from entering your bloodstream and is used to treat diabetes.
- It contains vitamin A, Vitamin C, vitamin B1, B2, B6 and potassium that keeps your heart beat normal. It contains calcium and iron which strengthens your bone mass.
- Mulberry tea contains antioxidants that provide protection from free radicals, that have been linked to degenerative diseases.
- This tea protects the heart and suppresses the progression of atherosclerosis.
- It keeps the liver and kidneys healthy and also strengthens blood vessels. Vitamin A is good for vision.
- The B vitamins assist in a healthy digestive system, good skin and muscle tone. It also provides amino acids, which are essential for healthy living.
How to make Mulberry Leaf Tea
- Pick mature mulberry leaves, free of diseases. Dry in sun for two days.
- Tear leaves in half. Place two teaspoons of dried mulberry leaves in cup.
- Add boiling water. Cover. Let stand for fifteen minutes.
- Add honey if required.
Oolong Tea - Lose Weight
- Oolong is a semi-fermented tea.
- This tea promotes fat burning, which will help you to lose weight. To lose weight drink two cups a day.
- It has a fruity flavor and is a pleasant tea which is rich in antioxidants, and in vitamins such as A, B, C, E and K and folic acid. It also contains minerals such as calcium, potassium, manganese, copper, selenium and carotene.
- Raspberry tea is high in potassium, magnesium, iron and vitamin B, which make it helpful in the treatment of nausea, insomnia, and sore throat.
- This herbal tea has a high content of vitamin C. Gargle with an infusion of raspberry tea for preventing and treating gum disease.
- For the treatment of infertility, drink three or more cups daily.
- Raspberry tea is beneficial for woman as it helps balance hormones. During pregnancy it strengthens the uterus.
Making Raspberry Tea
- Place one teaspoon of dried, chopped raspberry leaves in cup.
- Fill with boiling water. Cover the cup. Steep tea for five minutes
- Remove cover and strain tea into another cup.
- Rooibos tea has antioxidant properties, that may ward off diseases, as well as the signs of aging.
- It lowers blood pressure and cholesterol and is high in vitamin C and minerals.
- Rooibos contains calcium that are good for bones and teeth, magnesium for a healthy nervous system as well as iron, and zinc.
- This tea also helps with eczema and has anti-inflammatory properties, which can keep the heart healthy, also helps with arthritis, and protects you from cancer.
Stinging Nettle Tea
- Stinging nettle tea is anti-inflammatory.
- It removes uric acid from the joints and is rich in minerals, calcium, iron and potassium.
- Potassium assists with keeping the heart beat normal.
- Stinging nettle detoxifies the system.
- This tea is used for arthritis, rheumatism, osteoarthritis, anemia, asthma, high blood pressure, eczema, kidney and bladder infections, prevents hemorrhaging.
- Protects against prostate cancer, also reduces prostate enlargement and strengthens the immune system.
- This tea helps with the treatment of diabetes and purifies the blood. It also relieves menopause symptoms.
How to make Stinging Nettle Tea
- Place a few dried stinging nettle leaves in a cup. Add boiling water.
- Cover and let stand for fifteen minutes. Strain and drink.
- Tumeric tea has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a strong antioxidant.
- The antioxidants protect you from free radicals which have been linked to degenerative diseases.
- The active ingredient in tumeric is curcumin which lowers the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- The anti-inflammatory properties make it very effective in treating arthritis. It is also used to ease asthma.
- Tumeric benefits brain function as well.
- It lowers blood cholesterol, is anti-bacterial, and helps in treating eczema and fungal infection.
- Take one teaspoon in a cup of boiling water, once a day.
University of Maryland Medical CenterGreen Tea
Eur J Clin Nutri.2007
Hospital-based Research Program
at Aichi Cancer Center HERPACC Japan
University of Maryland Medical Center
Brightens the eyes, opens the heart and sharpens the wits. Protracted taking may make the body light and prolong life.
Mayo Clinic Study
Revealed that ginseng showed good results in helping cancer patients with fatigue
Prof Michael Ovadia at Tel Aviv University Researcher
Cayenne pepper Tea
Dr Kevin Jones scientist Sept 2009 researcher at the University of Cincinnati
Capsaicin caused an 85 % reduction in the death of heart cells,
May have the ability to minimize the damage caused by heart attacks and strokes
Thailand’s Mahidol University
Antifungal activity of the clove essential oil from Syzygium aromaticum on Candida, Aspergillus and dermatophyte species
J Med Microbiol 2009
Nov 58 (pt 11) :1454-62. Doi: 10.1099/jmm.
Epub 2009 Jul 9
University of Maryland Medical Center
Stinging Nettle Tea
University of Maryland Medical Center