Lose 10 Pounds in a Week: Day Five
You have reached day five, which means you are more than halfway to your goal! Some of you may feel as if you have lost weight (don't forget to keep that scale in the closet until day seven). Do keep in mind that weight-loss varies from person to person. The first four or five days of any weight loss plan can be quite tough and sometimes discouraging. Take note of how much better you feel because you are eating well!
Day Five Menu
One small bowl of boiled rice.
One bowl soup from Day Four recipe.
One bowl of salad from Day Two or Day Three.
1/2 glass skimmed milk.
Tomatoes are a key part of today's menu. Make sure you eat six of them, either all at one time or separately during different meals. Do not use cherry tomatoes. Choose six medium-sized, organic tomatoes. You can add salt and pepper for flavour. Do not use preserved tomatoes from a tin.
As for the other fruits on today's menu, use fresh only. Change according to what is in season and do try to find fresh citrus.
If you eat the salad or soup, make a fresh batch for today.
If You Don't Like Tomatoes
It is perfectly alright to blend them up and drink them. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper for flavor.
Day Five Beverages
• In addition to at least 12 glasses of water and 1/2 glass of skimmed milk, you may drink:
• Green tea.
• Weight-loss drink (recipe below).
• Coffee (black or with skimmed milk).
Mix two tablespoons of honey into a glass of warm water. Add three tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix well and drink before breakfast every day this week.
Eat Small Meals Often to Avoid Over-Eating
Organize a scheduled meal plan so that you won't go hungry. When we get very hungry, we are more likely to over-eat and cave into junk food and cravings. That destroys the hard work of the day or even the week!
- Eat a small meal every 3-5 hours to keep your appetite under control. This is especially important at the beginning of a diet, when we struggle with giving up many of our favourite foods.
- Exercise portion control. This is a big part of managing a routine of meals every 3-4 hours. Spreading out calorie intake is easier when we keep our portion sizes moderate.
Tips for Success From Readers
Some answers to past questions about the Seven Day Diet.
• When you are eating something, try to chew your food more and eat as slowly as you can. No need to rush through your food.
• Always buy fresh fruits and vegetables from a local market. Do not stock up for the week. Get a fresh supply every two or three days.
- Lose 10 Pounds in a Week: Day Six
Day six of the seven-day plan includes a menu of vegetables and rice plus the salads and soup you made on days two and four.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.