Lose 10 Pounds in a Week: Day Two
It is day two of your seven day weight loss plan. Today's menu focuses on vegetables. You can eat them raw, in a plain salad, or boiled with added salt and pepper. Cream, butter, milk, and oil are not allowed.
Make you to eat at regular times each day.
Day Two Menu
One boiled potato (with salt only).
Vegetable salad (recipe below).
Raw vegetables with lemon and salt only.
You don't get fat from eating potatoes. Potatoes are rich in important minerals, like potassium calcium, iron, and phosphorus. They are also good a source of vitamins C, A, B, and P (flavonoids).
People think that potatoes are fattening, but they are 75 percent water. It’s the butter, cheese, and sour cream that make potatoes fattening! With 17% starch content, a potato is one of the best naturally occurring sources of starch.
Tips for Success From Readers' Questions
Some answers to past questions about the Seven Day Diet.
• Eat your meals at standard times every day: morning, noon, and around 7 p.m.
• Don't drink with or right after your meals.
• Stop eating before you feel full.
• Small, multiple meals are best.
Day Two: Beverages
• In addition to at least ten glasses of water, you can drink:
• Weight-loss drink before breakfast (see recipe below).
• Green tea.
• Coffee (black or with skimmed milk).
Mix two tablespoons of honey into a glass of warm water. Add three tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix well and drink before breakfast every day this week.
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 1 cabbage, chopped or shredded
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 3 tomatoes, sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons, fresh lemon juice
- 2 large cucumbers, with skin, sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn, boiled
- celery and broccoli, (optional)
- 1 radish, (optional)
Vegetable Salad Instructions
- Mix all vegetables in a bowl.
- Add salt and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate for one hour. Makes three servings.
Vegetable Salad Nutrition Facts
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 56 g||19%|
|Fiber 15 g||60%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
How Was This Salad Recipe?
Join Our Community!
It's day two. How are you doing so far?
Help Yourself Succeed by Getting Support
Imagine that you are trying to avoid white rice and someone sitting next to you is enjoying a hot bowl of white rice with your favourite curry on top. Annoying, isn’t it? Perhaps even insensitive? One very important key to successfully losing weight is to find yourself a good support system.
- Educate your friends, family, and coworkers about your struggle with weight. Inform them about the foods you are trying to cut out of your diet. Some of them may even join you or will at least not eat such foods in front of you. This will help remove temptation. It's much easier to avoid something when it’s out of sight. If you can, surround yourself with people who are willing to help and support you.
- Lose 10 Pounds in a Week: Day Three
On day three you will combine fruits and vegetables. Includes a tasty salad recipe, a workout video, and expert advice to get you over your "hump" day. Plus, why good sleep is so important when dieting.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.