Lose 10 Pounds in a Week: Day Three
Day three is an important day in the seven-day plan. Today your menu combines fruits and vegetables, with a few restrictions. Fruits and vegetables are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are also low in calories.
Keep in mind that eating a healthy diet does not mean that you have to eat less; in fact, since there are fewer calories in your food, eating more is perfectly fine.
Remember to eat at the same regular intervals each day. Start today with:
- Fruit, preferably raw and low-sugar.
- Green tea or coffee (black or with skimmed milk.)
At lunchtime, have:
- Fruit and vegetable salad (recipe below.)
At dinner, have:
- Fruit and vegetable salad.
- More raw fruits and vegetables.
Tips for Success From Readers's Questions
Some answers to past questions about the Seven Day Diet.
• Grilling vegetables can make them taste better, but it changes the nutrition, so only grill a few vegetables if any.
• Frozen vegetables are fine.
• Avocado is allowed on fruit days.
• Some weight gain is normal when beginning a diet. After your body gets used to the new routine, you will begin to shed weight.
• No oily products like butter or cheese. Choose raw vegetables or vegetables that you have boiled or sautéed slightly in a small amount of olive oil.
• Choose raw vegetables or vegetables that you have boiled or sautéed slightly in a small amount of olive oil.
• No potatoes or bananas today.
• Eat fresh fruits and stay away from juices.
- 3 oranges, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup green, purple, or red grape halves
- 1/4 cup currants
- 2 apricots or guavas, chopped with seeds removed
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 red apples, diced
- 3 cups green cabbage, chopped or shredded
- Place everything into a salad bowl and mix.
- Refrigerate for three hours.
- Eat fresh and save leftovers for later. Makes three servings.
Fruit & Vegetable Salad Nutrition Facts
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 54 g||18%|
|Fiber 8 g||32%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
How Was This Salad Recipe?
Day Three: Beverages
• In addition to at least 12 glasses of water, you can drink:
• Weight-loss drink before breakfast (see recipe below).
• Green tea.
• Coffee (black or with skimmed milk).
Mix two tablespoons on honey into a glass of warm water. Add three tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix well and drink before breakfast every day this week.
Seven Day Diet: Easy Weight-Loss Exercise for Day Three
- Take a 15-25 minute brisk walk.
- Do the following workout for 5-10 minutes.
Day Three Stomach Exercise
Sleep, Stress, and Weight Loss
Good sleep is critical to healthy weight loss. Conversely, poor sleep can lead to weight gain. Researchers believe that sleep is the single most important thing for healthy body functions. Similarly, to lose weight, eating the right foods and burning calories is very important.
- Why is sleep so important? The answer is that you need sleep to function normally, Not sleeping well or at all increases food cravings by throwing off your hormone balance. These hormones, sometimes referred as "hunger hormones," increase with sleep deprivation or a disturbed routine.
- Stress and weight gain: Stress is part of daily life. It is a natural phenomenon that everyone experiences to some extent. Researchers believe that sometimes it contributes to weight gain. Even if you follow a healthier lifestyle, chronically high stress can prevent you from losing weight—or even cause weight gain. The body responds to stress in this way: The brain instructs the cells to release powerful hormones, which creates a burst of adrenaline. The brains sends energy to the body energy so it can effectively respond to the situation. Cortisol is released at the same time, telling your body to replenish used energy even if you haven't used many calories. This causes you to feel hungry. The most obvious option is to eat something that packs a lot of calories. People usually go for sweet or salty fast food. The cycle is called "emotional eating."
Does stress drive you to eat more?
- Lose 10 Pounds in a Week: Day Four
Day four can be tough because it is the middle of the week. This day's menu ncludes a soup recipe and a pep talk to help you succeed and stick with the plan.