Lose 10 Pounds in a Week: Day One
It is day one of your seven-day diet! Today's menu is all about fruit—except bananas! The best fruits for today are apples, watermelon, and citrus. There are no restrictions on how much fruit you can eat. Eat whenever you feel hungry.
You can start your day with:
- Two apples and a pomegranate or an apple with an orange or a pomegranate.
If you have not already read the overview of this diet, please do so before beginning day one. The overview contains important information about the health benefits and restrictions of this diet.
Important Note About Eating Fruit
Today you eat fruit, but this is not a fruit-only diet. As part of this week-long program, you will focus on specific foods to lose weight, but only for this week and not on an ongoing basis. Eating only fruit everyday is dangerous and unhealthy, as fruit does not provide protein or essential fats. Diets that encourage eating fruit only are not safe.
Day One: Minimum Food Requirement
By the end of the day, be sure you have eaten at least:
• Four apples
• Four oranges
• One watermelon
• Two pomegranates
Choose Fruits With Low Sugar Content.
These include watermelon, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
Fruit juice is not allowed today!
Day One: Allowed Beverages
• In addition to at least ten glasses of water, you can drink:
• Weight-loss drink before breakfast (see recipe below).
• Green tea.
• Coffee (black or with skimmed milk).
Mix two tablespoons of honey into a glass of warm water. Add three tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix well and drink before breakfast every day this week.
Fruit and Healthy Weight Loss
You already know that fruit is very important for your health. Fruit is an effective detoxifier, improves the healing process, and helps in healthy weight loss. The best fruit to eat when trying to lose weight is citrus.
Grapefruit is the best weight-loss fruit. It is low in sugar content and has lots of fiber, which helps improve digestion. Grapefruit tastes acidic, which not everyone likes, but let's face it: We are on a mission, not a vacation. Grapefruit grown in Texas are sweeter in taste, but as I always say, "the bitter the better."
Apples, combined with other fruits, help with weight loss. Apples alone will not help you to lose weight, but when combined with other fruits they help form an essential part of a healthy diet. Apples keep your digestive system running smooth, eliminating waste and toxins. This is an essential part of losing weight. Apples contain pectin, which forms a slimy substance in the intestine and stimulates a bowel movement. The phosphorous and potassium in apples also help wash out the kidneys. Always try to eat fresh, wax-free apples. There are many apple varieties on the market, but the smaller ones are healthier.
Day One: Easy Weight-Loss Exercise
- Brisk walking for cardiovascular exercise. The first exercise that I recommend is a 30-minute daily walk. I mean "brisk" walking that gets your heart rate going. Walk 30 minutes every day this week. To keep the weight off, add ten minutes to your walking time every week.
- How to lose "love handles" and belly fat. It is very difficult to target a specific spot when trying to lose weight, especially if you are not in a good shape. When starting from scratch with a new exercise routine and diet, expect an overall change in your weight. It will start from in your shoulders. Your belly is the toughest place to slim. Expect a tough fight; the key is to keep trying. This diet plan will help you by giving you a healthy start. From here, you have to shift into a healthy lifestyle. Start with simple exercises and once you develop stamina go for tougher routines. Follow the BeFIT channel on YouTube for great exercise techniques.
- Adopt an active life lifestyle. Healthy weight loss requires both dieting and changing your lifestyle. Health professionals will always recommend exercise with diet to lose weight. They will suggest doing cardio or resistance exercises, encourage you to walk, swim, or play cardio-intensive sports like tennis and basketball to keep your heart pumping.
- Get involved in your home chores. Take up gardening if that interests you. It will refresh your mind and relieve stress. Gardening is one the healthiest addictions! If you feel like reading a good book, do so in the sun as it will help your body produce Vitamin D.
- Be active overall. Don't spend an entire day in bed and then go out for exercise for an hour. That is not an active lifestyle.
Seven Day Diet: Frequently Asked Questions
Many readers have benefited from this diet. Read the comments section below to read success stories and questions that others have posed. Since many have tried this diet before you, I may have addressed your question already.
With that in mind, I have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions, and my answers, here to help you succeed with your goal. You will find more frequently asked questions and answers on the page for
- I am diabetic. On this diet I feel tired and low-energy. Drink 50mg of sugar in a glass of water or have a piece of candy and your energy level should return to normal.
- When you say one cup of cooked rice, do you mean one cup before or after cooking? After. You should eat one cup of cooked rice.
- I don't like bananas. What can I do? Mix the banana with some skimmed milk and make a smoothie.
- Can I bake my potato instead of boiling? Yes.
- I take a multivitamin. Should I continue while on this diet? No. The fresh fruit and vegetables in this balanced diet will provide all the nutrition you need.
- I don't like the soup or salad recipes. Can I change them? The soup and salad recipes provided are nutritionally balanced. However, if you do not like an ingredient you can substitute it for something similar. But keep the recipes simple and avoid oils and dressings.
- I cannot have dairy products. Can I substitute the cow's milk for a nut milk? Yes. While dairy is best, you can substitute soy or almond milk. They are higher in calories, however, so drink half the amount.
Join Our Community!
How is it going? Are you finished with day one?
Next Up: Day Two
- Lose 10 Pounds in a Week: Day Two
On day two, eat all the vegetables you want—alone, in a salad, or boiled with salt and pepper.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.