How to Detox With the Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
Losing Weight with Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the most common questions I get from readers is whether drinking apple cider vinegar is an effective way to lose weight. The answer is yes.
It contains enzymes and acids that work to suppress our appetite, leading us to eat less and consume fewer calories. It also has probiotics that helps you burn fat more quickly by speeding up your metabolism. There is also new research showing that ACV can lower blood sugar levels by slowing down the rate at which your body absorbs glucose. That in turn lowers insulin levels which are strongly related to weight loss.
So, if you are thinking about weight loss, then apple cider vinegar provides a natural, home remedy for burning fat, with no bad side effects.
In fact, all the side effects of drinking cider vinegar for weight loss are good ones - it improves digestion, boosts energy, and strengthens the immune system. Do you know of any other weight loss method with these benefits?
Did You Know?
The ancient Babylonians first mentioned the health benefits of apple cider vinegar over 5,000 years ago!
Why Lose Weight?
Most people want to lose weight to look attractive, and, of course, doing so boosts our self-image, gives us confidence and helps us become more successful. However, weight loss also offers major health benefits. In fact, a small reduction in body weight can trigger major improvements in your well-being. Even losing as little as 5-10% of your body weight can drastically reduce your chance of becoming diabetic, suffering a heart attack, or even developing cancer. (.) Source: Book "What To Eat" by Marion Nestle
Losing weight can also improve your blood pressure, lower your LDL (bad) cholesterol levels, and improve glucose tolerance, according to research conducted by Dr. Catherine Champagne of Louisiana State University Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
Apple Cider Vinegar Diet for Weight Loss
Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
The Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
Ever since I started reading about apple cider vinegar about seven to eight years ago, I have been amazed by the cures and uses for apple cider vinegar.
It's truly a magical drink. Mix it with honey and water and you even have a nice-tasting drink. The recipe couldn't be easier:
Take 1 to 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, and mix with one cup of lukewarm water. For taste, you can mix in a spoon of honey too.
Drink twice a day before meals.
Because apple cider vinegar offers so many benefits and has almost no side effects you can (and should) include apple cider vinegar as part of your daily diet. I would recommend keeping the following suggestions in mind.
- Organic, unpasteurized, and unfiltered. All these three factors are important.
It's important to take note of this because the usual vinegar in the market is neither organic, unpasteurized, nor unfiltered. It doesn't contain the "mother" – the grainy substance you see at the bottom of the bottle. The "mother" is where all the beneficial bacteria and enzymes are found. So make sure that you buy the organic version.
- Drink before every meal. Ideally, you should drink apple cider vinegar soon after waking up and again in the evening before dinner. Because it makes you feel full, you will eat less and consume fewer calories.
- Mix with your drink of choice. Some people prefer to add the vinegar to tea, coffee, or soft drinks. While this is acceptable, I prefer to avoid mixing any caffeinated drink (tea, coffee, cola), or carbonated drink (soda) with apple cider vinegar. Mixing the vinegar with tea, coffee, or soda makes the drink even more acidic – so make sure that your stomach can handle the acidity of the vinegar first. Also, caffeine can affect the absorption of cider vinegar.
- Take it with you. Some people prefer to fill a large water bottle with a few teaspoons of vinegar and take that bottle with them to work. That way, they can drink the mixture all day.
- Don’t drink straight ACV. It is acidic and may cause damage to the enamel of your teeth. In fact, some people prefer to use a straw even while drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water.
What to Expect on the ACV Diet
It will take at least a few weeks to start showing results. This is not a lose-weight-fast drug. It's a natural drink that helps you lose weight over time while also improving your immune system, digestive system, and metabolism. All these health benefits of apple cider vinegar combine to help you lose weight and lead a healthier lifestyle.
Many people make cider vinegar a daily habit and report some amazing benefits. I have heard from many people who have successfully lost weight by regularly drinking apple cider vinegar. That said, keep in mind that ACV is not a miracle drink that will let you lose a lot of weight fast. It takes time. So, be patient. When taken regularly it can help keep your immune system strong and prevent life-threatening illnesses like diabetes, heart problems, and even cancer.
Did You Know?
Apple cider vinegar was one of humanity's first experiments fermenting fruit juice. Wine and apple cider vinegar share the same roots. In fact, the term vinegar is derived from the Latin words vinum (wine) and acer (sour) to form French word vyn egre which means sour wine.
- Apple cider vinegar has been on the menu since 3000 BC.
- An apple cider vinegar diet can help you lose weight.
- It's a great remedy for minor ailments and can also help prevent major illnesses like diabetes and cancer.
- Make apple cider vinegar a part of your daily diet.
- Buy only organic, unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar from the market.
- Never drink undiluted apple cider vinegar.
- You can use apple cider vinegar as salad dressing.
Your Experience with ACV
Have you been drinking apple cider vinegar?
Do share your experience in the comments section below.
Also, if you have any questions, please ask them using the comments section. I will be happy to answer your questions about the apple cider vinegar diet.
- Read Before Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight ...
This well-researched article answers questions about apple cider vinegar - How often to drink ACV? When to drink? What can I mix it with? Will I lose weight fast if I drank more cider vinegar?