How to Detox With the Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
Detoxifying With Apple Cider Vinegar
There isn't a lot of research to explain why apple cider vinegar is effective at detoxifying the body, but history tells the story. For thousands of years people have added fermented apple juice (vinegar) to their food and drinks for the digestive benefits.
Since apple cider vinegar promotes healthy digestion, it helps to move waste through the body, and we know that this process helps the body's own natural detoxification systems to work more efficiently. The skin is better able to release toxins and the liver—the body's biggest filter—can purge waste more quickly and effectively when digestion is in tip-top shape.
Apple cider vinegar, when diluted and consumed with a healthy diet, may help the body to absorb minerals. Like leafy greens, apple cider vinegar is an alkaline-forming food, which means that it helps keep the body's pH in balance. In this way, apple cider vinegar helps the body to perform optimally, allowing muscles to work with less effort, protecting bone health, and reducing inflammation.
What Is a Detox Diet?
A detox diet focuses on simple, whole foods and avoids foods that are fried or contain preservatives and artificial ingredients. Think of a detox as a diet that offers your body only what it needs—protein, minerals, vitamins, healthy fats—to help all systems run more efficiently. The goal of a detox diet is to help the digestive system to naturally eliminate waste, with help from plenty of water and natural fiber. When the digestive system is working well, the body can purge toxins on its own.
Will a Detox Diet Lead to Weight Loss?
All of this leads to the question: Will a detox diet lead to weight loss? Most people report shedding pounds while on a detox diet. After three months of drinking diluted apple cider vinegar, you could lose up to ten pounds. Exercising daily will help the weight come off. Another benefit of using ACV to detoxify is increased energy and stamina.
Reviews of the Apple Cider Vinegar Diet Plan
How can you get more apple cider vinegar on your plate and into your glass? It's easy. Use ACV in any recipe that calls for vinegar. Add ACV to marinades when roasting meat, vegetables, or tofu. Some of the best ways to incorporate apple cider vinegar into your diet are salad dressings and drinks.
Here is what some readers have to say about drinking apple cider vinegar daily:
- I was 85 kg when I started drinking apple cider vinegar with lemon in the morning after woke up and in the evening before meal. After 2 weeks I reached 79 kg. Thank you ACV.
- After years of using products and not seeing results, I tried ACV two years ago and it helped me lose 30 lbs. I'm going to start up and use it again because of health issues and hopefully stick to my diet regimen permanently this time. It's one of the safest things I've ever tried.
- Our bodies constantly strive to maintain a state of acid-alkaline equilibrium. AVC is excellent for keeping this balance. Since reading your article I have re-instituted my daily ACV shots, I have been experiencing a great boost in energy. I am also making sure that I remind my clients to not miss getting this wonderful health elixir into their daily health routine. Thanks again for the reminder.
- I have incorporated apple cider vinegar into my regimen, mostly for skin care, but also for weight loss. I notice a difference when I use it!!
I lost 60 lbs by drinking apple cider vinegar, honey, and green tea. It took me two years. I drink it everyday to help control my diabetes and high blood pressure too. I do not have to take any medicines. It works wonderfully! I recommend it to everyone who asks me how I lost all of my weight.
Always dilute apple cider vinegar before drinking to protect your teeth. Use a straw. Then rinse your mouth and brush with baking soda.
Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbls Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbls fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tbls raw honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Apple Cider Vinegar Marinade for Meat
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbls Dijon mustard
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 6 (2-inch) rosemary sprigs
The Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
Ever since I started reading about apple cider vinegar I have been amazed by the cures and uses for apple cider vinegar.
It's truly a magical drink. Mix it with honey and water and you even have a nice-tasting drink. The recipe couldn't be easier:
Take 1 to 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and mix with one cup of lukewarm water. For taste, you can mix in a spoon of honey, too.
Drink twice a day before meals.
Spicy ACV Detox Drink
- 1 large glass of warm or hot water (12-16 oz.)
- 2 tbls apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw, organic honey
Sweet Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
- 1 large glass (12-16 ounces) warm or hot water
- 6 ounces cold water
- 2 tbls organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbls organic apple juice
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1-2 drops stevia
- 1-2 ice cubes
A traditional drink with many variations, this spicy concoction with clear your congestion and put your digestive system in high gear.
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced horseradish
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced garlic
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced onion
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced ginger
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced turmeric
- 1 habanero chile, split in half
- 1 orange, quartered and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 lemon, quartered and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 to 3 cups raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (at least 5% acidity)
- 1/4 cup raw honey, or more to taste
Place all of the vegetables, fruits, herbs, and spices in a clean 1-quart jar. Fill the jar with vinegar, covering all the ingredients and making sure there are no air bubbles. Cap the jar. If using a metal lid, place a piece of parchment or wax paper between the jar and the lid to prevent corrosion from the vinegar. Shake well.
Let the jar sit for 3 to 6 weeks, shaking daily.
Strain the vinegar into a clean jar. Add honey to taste. Refrigerate and use within a year.
How to Get the Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Because apple cider vinegar offers so many benefits and has almost no side effects you can (and should) make it part of your daily diet. I would recommend keeping the following suggestions in mind:
- Organic, unpasteurized, and unfiltered. All these three factors are important.
It's important to take note of this because the usual vinegar in the market is neither organic, unpasteurized, nor unfiltered. It doesn't contain the "mother"—the cobwebby substance you see at the bottom of the bottle. The "mother" is where all the beneficial bacteria and enzymes are found. So make sure that you buy the organic version.
- Drink before every meal. Ideally, you should drink apple cider vinegar soon after waking up and again in the evening before dinner. Because it makes you feel full, you will eat less and consume fewer calories.
- Mix with your drink of choice. Some people prefer to add the vinegar to tea, coffee, or soft drinks. While this is acceptable, I prefer to avoid mixing any caffeinated drink (tea, coffee, cola), or carbonated drink (soda) with apple cider vinegar. Mixing the vinegar with tea, coffee, or soda makes the drink even more acidic, so make sure that your stomach can handle the acidity of the vinegar first. Also, caffeine can affect the absorption of cider vinegar.
- Take it with you. Some people prefer to fill a large water bottle with a few teaspoons of vinegar and take that bottle with them to work. That way, they can drink the mixture all day.
- Don’t drink straight ACV. It is acidic and may cause damage to the enamel of your teeth. In fact, some people prefer to use a straw even while drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water.
Why Lose Weight?
Most people want to lose weight to look attractive, and, of course, doing so boosts our self-image, gives us confidence and helps us become more successful. However, weight loss also offers major health benefits. In fact, a small reduction in body weight can trigger major improvements in your well-being. Even losing as little as 5-10% of your body weight can drastically reduce your chance of becoming diabetic, suffering a heart attack, or even developing cancer. (.) Source: Book "What To Eat" by Marion Nestle
Losing weight can also improve your blood pressure, lower your LDL (bad) cholesterol levels, and improve glucose tolerance, according to research conducted by Dr. Catherine Champagne of Louisiana State University Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
Losing Weight with Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the most common questions I get from readers is whether drinking apple cider vinegar is an effective way to lose weight. The answer is yes.
It contains enzymes and acids that work to suppress our appetite, leading us to eat less and consume fewer calories. It also has probiotics that helps you burn fat more quickly by speeding up your metabolism. There is also new research showing that ACV can lower blood sugar levels by slowing down the rate at which your body absorbs glucose. That in turn lowers insulin levels which are strongly related to weight loss.
So, if you are thinking about weight loss, then apple cider vinegar provides a natural, home remedy for burning fat, with no bad side effects.
In fact, all the side effects of drinking cider vinegar for weight loss are good ones - it improves digestion, boosts energy, and strengthens the immune system. Do you know of any other weight loss method with these benefits?
Did You Know?
The ancient Babylonians first mentioned the health benefits of apple cider vinegar over 5,000 years ago!
What to Expect on the ACV Diet
It will take at least a few weeks to start showing results. This is not a lose-weight-fast drug. It's a natural drink that helps you lose weight over time while also improving your immune system, digestive system, and metabolism. All these health benefits of apple cider vinegar combine to help you lose weight and lead a healthier lifestyle.
Many people make cider vinegar a daily habit and report some amazing benefits. I have heard from many people who have successfully lost weight by regularly drinking apple cider vinegar. That said, keep in mind that ACV is not a miracle drink that will let you lose a lot of weight fast. It takes time. So, be patient. When taken regularly it can help keep your immune system strong and prevent life-threatening illnesses like diabetes, heart problems, and even cancer.
- Apple cider vinegar has been on the menu since 3000 BC.
- An apple cider vinegar diet can help you lose weight.
- It's a great remedy for minor ailments and can also help prevent major illnesses like diabetes and cancer.
- Make apple cider vinegar a part of your daily diet.
- Buy only organic, unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar from the market.
- Never drink undiluted apple cider vinegar.
- You can use apple cider vinegar as salad dressing.
Did You Know?
Apple cider vinegar was one of humanity's first experiments fermenting fruit juice. Wine and apple cider vinegar share the same roots. In fact, the term vinegar is derived from the Latin words vinum (wine) and acer (sour) to form French word vyn egre which means sour wine.
Apple Cider Vinegar Diet for Weight Loss
Your Experience with ACV
Have you been drinking apple cider vinegar?
Do share your experience in the comments section below.
Also, if you have any questions, please ask them using the comments section. I will be happy to answer your questions about the apple cider vinegar diet.
- Read Before Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight ...
This well-researched article answers questions about apple cider vinegar - How often to drink ACV? When to drink? What can I mix it with? Will I lose weight fast if I drank more cider vinegar?
Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar
What have you used Apple Cider Vinegar for?
Questions & Answers
© 2014 Alana Niall