Recipe for Low-Calorie, Low-Carb Coconut Ice Cream
Home-made coconut ice-cream
Quick and delicious low-calorie, low-carb, low-sugar and gluten-free desert.
Follow this easy recipe to make your very own, low-calorie ice cream with a tropical twist without the need for an expensive or bothersome ice-cream making machine. This ice-cream is also low in carbs, low in sugar and gluten-free.
The nutritional content will depend on the amount of ingredients you use, as well as the brand of coconut cream you use.
Make only as much ice cream as you will eat in one sitting as it will not keep in the freezer (it will go as hard as ice) nor in the fridge (it will melt).
Preparation only requires that you put the coconut cream in the freezer for up to two hours immediately before use (one hour if the cream has been in the fridge). Don't let the cream go solid as it will be impossible to beat it. It just needs to be semi-solid. It's best to check on it every 20 to 30 minutes. Cream in a pouch makes it easier to do this, but if you can't find any, just pour some well-mixed (because coconut cream separates on standing) coconut cream into a freezer bag (double-bagged is best in case the bag rips), tie a knot in it to prevent any leaking and place it into the freezer, this will make it easier to check on its consistency than if it's left in a rigid container.
If you like you can also add some vanilla essence to taste and/or some Stevia (a natural, low-calorie sweetner).
Please note that this recipe produces a 'soft' ice cream, ie it will not be as hard as store-bought, ready-made ice cream.
Preparation and cooking time
You will need the following equipment:
- Coconut cream, as much as you like, 'light' or low-fat for a lower calorie count
- Vanilla essence, to taste, optional
- Stevia (natural sweetner), to taste, optional
- Place the coconut cream in the fridge overnight then in the freezer for an hour prior to making the ice-cream. If it hasn't been in the fridge first, leave it in the freezer for two hours.
- Place the chilled/semi-frozen coconut cream and sweetener (optional) in the nutri-bullet and blast until the coconut cream goes solid enough that it no longer moves around in the nutri-bullet.
- Serve and enjoy straight away before it melts. Do not place it in the freezer as it will go as hard as ice.
- Feel free to share this recipe with your friends and followers on social media such as Facebook, Pinterest, etc...
Rate this recipe
Questions & Answers
© 2015 Sleepylog