Calculate BMI of Men & Women From Weight Table Chart
Almost 62% of people in the world have more weight than they should have. Fat is considered to be a disease now. Not only that, other critical diseases like high blood pressure, heart disease, and cancer are accelerated by obesity. It is a matter of great concern that the rate of obesity is increasing rapidly among the young generation. Almost 17% teenagers suffer across the world.
How to Measure Weight
There are several ways to test your weight. The most popular are BMI and waist circumference. The standard weight that is measured according to the height is called BMI. A person’s BMI should stand between 18.5 - 24.9.If it goes higher than 25 than it is called overweight, if it goes above 30 than obese, if passes 40 than it is called morbidly obese.
How to Control Weight
- Measure your waist. For women, your waist should be less than 32 inches, for men, less than 37 inches.
- Have a good look at your eating habits. The best way to do this is to keep a food diary.
- Eat a piece of fruit before lunch or dinner. This will help you eat a little less and counts as 1 of your 5 a day.
- Learn to say no. Don't accept every invitation to dinner and drinks. Suggest activities like a weekend hike or dance lessons.
- Beware! Supermarkets often offer discounts on treat foods if you buy them in bulk. Keep away from these discounts: If you buy more, you will eat more!
- Careful how you cook! Switch to steaming, boiling and baking to cook food rather than frying or roasting to reduce your fat intake!
- If you take a bus to work, get off one stop early and walk the rest of the way.
- Have a clear SMART goal; make it Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely.
- Use a smaller plate. Most people use a very large dinner plate, which normally results in far too much food being eaten. Unless you are doing two or three hours exercise every day, you don’t need a big plate.
- Never fill your stomach when you eat; always leave some room. You will stop feeling hungry long before you feel full. ‘Filling’ your stomach means you are eating too much.
- Eating out this weekend? Eat a small, healthy snack a couple of hours before your meal to make sure you are not tempted to eat everything in sight.
- Shop with a list. This will stop you buying food on impulse.
- Find a friend. Getting support is a huge part of successfully losing weight. A weight loss buddy will help you stay motivated and give you company along the way.
- Confusing hunger with thirst? Try drinking more water to prevent snacking in between meals.
- If you have little time to spare, remember that three short 10-minute bouts of physical activity built into your day will all add up.
- Get the whole family involved; our Little Steps website where you will find a step by step guide to eating well and being active for you and your family.
- Don’t let a rainy day stop you from being active. Put on the rain jacket and get moving.
- Reward yourself, but instead of indulging in chocolate, sweets or crisps buy a new book or spend some time catching up with friends.
- Choose low fat alternatives of dairy products wherever possible or use smaller amounts of stronger tasting cheeses.
- Head down to your local pharmacy and pick up a free tape measure. For women, your waist should be less than 32 inches, for men, less than 37 inches.
- Learn to read food labels, and take advantage of information that will help you make healthy shopping choices. Compare like for like products and choose those that are lower in fat, salt and sugar.
- Snack on fruit and vegetables between meals. They are naturally low in fat and may distract you from snacking on higher fat foods.
- Watch what you drink! Drinking sugary drinks has been associated with obesity. Water is the best thirst quencher but if you really want a fizzy drink try unsweetened fruit juice diluted with sparkling water instead.
- Choose lean cuts of meat and trim off any excess fat before cooking. Small servings of lean meat deliver all the nutrients you need and you save money on the extra weight!
- Keep an activity diary. It’ll make you aware of how much exercise you’re getting and help you to make improvements. Fill in your activity diary for a week and then focus on where you might fit in more.
- Slipping? Don’t lose focus stay positive and find out what went wrong and plan how to get back on track.
- Reassess your goals, every week review your previous goals and make new ones once you have reached your target.
- Fight the excuses.
Steps to Control Your Weight & Waist
- If you are suffering overweight than fix a plan to get back to the standard weight.
- At first, do some tests. Measure your Blood pressure, Blood sugar etc. Many steps will depend upon those reports.
- Fix a target of desired weight. Never target something that is unachievable. Let, you will lose 18 – 25 pounds weight in the next 6 months, not more than that.
- Walk at least 30 – 45 minutes daily. Walk fast as heartbeat increases.
- Add some hard work to your regular life. Use stairs instead of lift.
- Swimming will also be very handy for keeping a sound health, besides it will reduce your extra fat.
- Avoid rich foods, drinks, ice-cream, chocolate etc.
- Don’t try to control your food menu without doctor’s suggestion. Otherwise this will cause vitamin deficiency.
- Never use medicine to decrease your weight, this will affect largely to your health.
Should I Take Medicine?
Your strategy of loosening weight will depend upon your BMI and other diseases. If you are over weight, than it will be fine if you just change your lifestyle. If you are obese and have some other problems, than you may take medicine.