Rajan is a botany and chemistry major. He has a keen interest in natural foods and natural remedies.
Raw vegetables, especially the ones with a lot of water content, are useful food ingredients as they aid in detoxifying the body as well as losing weight.
Today we are going to prepare one such salad which not only achieves the dual purpose above it also is a complete meal in itself. For best results, this salad should be consumed in the morning, preferably for breakfast as the body is in body cleaning and detoxifying and mode and this salad aids the body in its morning routine.
Since raw vegetable salads are an alkaline food in nature no salt, lemon or spices have been and should be, added to this salad. Moreover, the addition of salt removes water from the vegetables and along with it many vitamins and minerals thus greatly reducing its efficacy as well.
This salad provides a wide variety of vitamins and minerals as well as a healthy oil and some fat as fresh coconut meat has also been used in its preparation.
Use fresh seasonal vegetables in making this salad and you can keep changing the combination of veggies to bring variety in taste and flavour of this salad.
As per naturopaths, a plateful of raw vegetable salad, weighing about 400 grams, prepared in this way for a normal adult is sufficient to make it a nutritionally complete meal.
Try this healthy and nutritious salad as a breakfast replacement meal and share your experience.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
- 100–125 grams of kheera/cucumber. use desi/local variety if available
- 50–60 grams shimla mirch/green bell pepper
- 100–125 grams of tomatoes. use desi variety if available
- 50–60 grams of gajar/carrot
- 25–30 grams of fresh coconut meat
- 3–4 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Wash the vegetables and soak in water for 2 hours prior to making the salad then wash well thoroughly. Now chop the veggies into small pieces and finely chop the cilantro. Check the cucumber for bitterness before chopping. Do not use if bitter.
- Grate the coconut meat fine and chop the cilantro finely.
- Put the chopped cucumber, carrot, tomatoes and bell pepper in a mixing bowl and sprinkle half the cilantro on them. Mix well.
- Arrange the mixed vegetables on a plate sprinkle the remaining cilantro on it and then the grated coconut all over.
- Replace one daily meal with this healthy salad preferably breakfast chewing each morsel thoroughly and enjoying its taste.
Raw Vegetable Salad Recipe For Detox and Weight Loss
- This BREAKFAST can do MIRACLE in your life. Detox your body by magical DIET CHART by Acharya Mohan Gupta
- Concept and role of diet as a component of Naturopathy and Yoga Therapy - NOPR
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly