Do You Feel Tired, Gassy, and Bloated?
The food we eat and the amount of water we drink have a lot to do with how our bodies function. Put in good food, drink plenty of water, get lots of rest, and you will feel and function well. If you eat bad food and don't drink enough water, your digestive system will start to fail. When days or weeks go by and you have not had a bowel movement, you will become a toxic waste dump inside. That's when you will either become sick or feel tired, gassy, and bloated all the time.
I am here to tell you that if this is the only thing you do for your health, balance your body's digestive system by hydrating (drinking lots of water) and bringing your body's pH into balance. This will naturally clean and detox your body. In this guide, I will explain the benefits of proper hydration, the risks of imbalanced pH, and tell you what foods to avoid or eat to restore a healthy balance.
How Toxins Build Up
When we eat processed foods and do not drink enough water, toxins and chemicals build up in our system. They have to come out, one way or another. Without adequate fiber and water, the toxins will not be able to come out in a bowel movement. Instead, they run through the organs and come out through the skin, causing skin disorders and flu-like symptoms. This is what is called an acidic state. In this state, we crave unhealthy food, gain weight, and feel tired all the time.
If you are suffering from this malaise and feel bloated, then most likely you are constipated. At this point, you will not benefit from vitamin supplements because you are not digesting your food thoroughly. Waste and toxins are building up and bubbling over, so to speak, in the form of burping and passing gas.
Seven Quick Ways to Bring Your Body Into Balance
1, Drink your greens Use a juicer or buy powdered greens from a health food store and add water.
2. Take probiotics Probiotics are the good flora that help your body digest, absorb, and eliminate food. Take a dose of 50,000 billion units twice a day—once in the morning and once before bed.
3. Drink really good water It is so important to your mind, body, and spirit to keep your body fully hydrated. The more liquids you take in, the better. Everything you drink hits the cellular level of your body and will make digestion and other processes work better. Make sure that what you are drinking throughout the day is of good quality.
4. Take a liquid multivitamin with minerals Minerals are like spark plugs for our bodies and we tend to lose them as we age. Minerals are also hard to get from our food. Apples are a great source.
5. Get outside and exercise Walk, run, or get a rebounder trampoline. These have a very low impact on the joints and are easy to use.
6. Eat light Drink broths and soups. Eat salads, steamed veggies, fish, and baked chicken. Give your body a break from dairy, steak, bread, pasta, rice, and sugar.
7. Rest All of us are different when it comes to what we need, but sleep is so important for healing. Sleep as much as you can.
Foods to Restore pH Balance to Your Body
spinach, chard, kale
Health Benefits of Hydration and pH Balance
After a few days of proper hydration and healthy foods, your body will begin to feel healthier. You will notice:
- improved energy
- easier bowel movements
- weight loss
- healthier skin, hair, and nails
- less dryness
- fewer colds and illnesses
Foods to Avoid if You Are Bloated
|Dairy||Acidic Beverages||Fatty Foods|
wine, beer, and alcohol
processed breads and desserts
Health Risks of Acidity and Constipation
When your body's pH is in balance, you are healthy. When it is out of balance, and your body is too acidic, you will feel dried out. In this state, your body's natural elimination process is compromised. The peristaltic action required to have a bowel movement cannot function, Your lymphatic system will also become clogged, making it more difficult for your body to sweat out toxins.
An acidic state also allows microorganisms to grow. When a body gets sick and or has a simple problem like dandruff, or athlete's foot, your body is giving you a red flag warning. Your body is out of balance, and your pH is the key to hormonal and thyroid health
Toxins that accumulate in our bodies cause these problems:
- skin disorders
- trouble focusing
Think of it this way: our bodies are made mostly of water. If we left a pool unattended and didn't bother to clean the water, it would turn green and start to grow algae and moss. When was the last time you balanced your body and cleaned up the pH?
Most people I see tell me that they have a bowel movement in the morning, and that's it. Some people tell me that they only have a bowel movement once a week.
Now, we should have bowel movements as often as we eat. Most of us eat two or three times a day. When were are born, we eat, and then an hour or so later, we have a bowel movement. This is how our bodies work.
The ways we eat and live put our bodies out of balance and then we are not eliminating toxins the way we should.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
nicomp really from Ohio, USA on July 14, 2015:
What is "really good water" ?
Gladys B. on February 17, 2015:
Info was very helpful, thank you so much. I now understand the toxins in my body from process foods n lack of water intake.
Kelly from NJ, USA on October 10, 2014:
Your article was very informative. I eat every darn food that causes bloating. I never heard of the ph balance of your system, I am going to read more about the subject.