How to Lose 30kg Without Going to the Gym
Lose Weight and Eat as Much as You Want
Yes, you can lose weight without going to the gym, and you don't have to take my word for it.
- First, I'll share an inspiring story of a woman who lost weight without going to the gym.
- I will then share her secrets, including how to lose belly fat.
- Then, I will show you the foods that help.
Before we proceed, remember, there's nothing that you can eat to shed pounds fast. There are no miracles. Eating the right food takes commitment. All diets take time. The best way to lose weight is through a controlled diet. It is the natural way to get fit, and it also helps in keeping the weight off your body in the long run.
Read on to find out about the best diet for you. This works for both women and men.
How This Lady Did it Without Going to the Gym
Meet Kanan, a 47-year old woman who lost 30kg by being committed to her goal.
Kanan was born a healthy child, but after getting married at the age of 23 she had kids and started to gain weight. She never took this seriously, as she was not image-conscious. But as she grew older, being overweight led to a range of health issues. Then, before she knew it, she was on medication for high blood pressure, asthma, backaches, and joint pain. That's when she decided to quit her job and take charge of her health.
At the beginning of 2012 she was very depressed as she weighed 100kg. At 5'2", she was grossly overweight.
By following a strict plan. She lost weight, and by mid-2013 she weighed about 68kgs.
Even losing a few kilos in the beginning was a big moral boost, as well as big physical improvement. She could walk faster without stopping for longer distances. She felt like a feather. She felt more confident, had a better self-image, didn't need to take medication anymore, and her relationship with her husband improved.
After losing 23kg in the first three months, she visited her doctor. He struggled to recognize her. She looked like a new person.
Her weight-loss journey is inspiring because now she knows that anything is possible. She did not need any professional help, and she achieved her goals on her own.
If she could do it, you can do it too. Let's find out what she ate to lose weight, as shared by Kanan herself, in this article.
Here are the things that Kanan did:
- She followed a strict diet. She made a list of foods she could eat and she stuck to it.
- She set a goal to walk every day for at least half an hour. On most days, she ended up walking more than that. Her goal was to clock 10,000 steps every day, 7 days a week, no excuses.
- She watched "Walk at Home" videos by Leslie Sansone on YouTube. (See the video at the end of this article.)
- Gradually, she introduced a bit of running in between her walks.
- She made a list of her favourite songs which she used to inspire her during her walks and runs.
Knowing what to eat and complementing it with walking, Kanan came close to her goals. Then she wanted to reach her goal of 60kg.
What is your plan to lose weight?
Foods to Eat
Kanan followed the Atkins Diet, meaning she she restricted her carb intake to 30 grams a day.
Typically, eating low-carb food is an effective way to lose weight. Following a low carb diet is not very difficult, once you get used to the types of foods you can eat.
- Eat fish, poultry, and meat, but make sure you are counting calories while eating them.
- Add vegetables to your diet so that your calorie intake remains under control.
- You can introduce a bit of cheese in your diet, but in moderate amounts since cheese is high in fat.
- Use olive oil as a salad dressing. If you can afford it, use it for cooking too.
- Limit carbohydrates to 30 grams a day.
- Eat lean meats.
- Walk and run regularly.
- Stay committed to your plan, and follow it as if your life depended on it. Actually, it does depend on it.
Foods to Avoid
Some foods should be avoided altogether while others should be limited.
- Avoid pizza and similar high-fat foods.
- Avoid foods high in sugar and salt.
- Limit caffeine consumption. Limit yourself to one cup of tea or coffee a day. Avoid soda completely.
- Drink lots of filtered water (at least eight glasses a day).
- No dessert!
More Tips for Successful Weight-Loss
There you have it.
In summary, some takeaways:
- Don't expect overnight miracles. Healthy weight-loss takes time.
- Develop a plan. Check your weight on the first day. Be honest. Write it down in your weight-loss diary. (You have one, right?)
- Write down the foods you eat during the diet.
- Go for walks. Form a group and walk. Do light exercises at home.
- Keep track of your progress.
- Stay away from high-fat foods.
- You are allowed to indulge once in a while, but make a note of it.
- Share your weight-loss goal with a trusted friend or partner so that they can help you stay motivated.
- Share your progress on social media if that helps you to stay motivated.
- Listen to your favourite songs while exercising.
- Watch movies and TV programmes that make you laugh.
I may sound a bit philosophical in my concluding remarks, but please stay with me, because what I am going to say has a biological and scientific reasoning behind it.
A weight-loss plan is not just about the final goal and destination. It is a journey. In fact, I would say that the journey is more important than the final destination. If you find the journey more enjoyable than arriving at your weight loss goal, then you are doing right.
It's not just the food you eat that determines your outcome, it is also your attitude toward the food. This affects how that food is absorbed in your body. If your subconscious beliefs about your body and your health are different than what you are trying to achieve, your inner belief is likely to win. And win in a big way. You will gain weight instead of shedding extra pounds.
With that perspective in mind, here are my final tips:
- It comes from inside. All your weight-loss efforts need to be driven from within. You must feel the urge to lose weight.
- Believe in your abilities. There shouldn't be constant conflict to stay on a diet. If you find yourself reluctant to follow the diet plan, quit it.
- Listen to your body. Your individual response is far more important than that of other people on the same diet. Every body processes food differently. Literally, one man's food can be another man's poison.
- Find the best plan for yourself. Don't go on any diet just because it has worked for your friend. Make your own list of foods you enjoy. Then find out how you can use this list to come up with a plan that's unique to you.
- Don't deprive yourself. Don't completely rule out impulse-eating. Make up for it by introducing more green veggies in the following meal, or by taking a walk, or pumping more iron.
- The bottom line is: you must feel happy about the food you are eating.
What's Your Secret?
Each one of us has a weight-loss formula. Mine is to avoid sugar and limit my intake of salt. I have gradually reduced sugar in my diet so that my palate is now habituated to low-sugar food. My other secret to burning belly fat is doing stomach crunches.
What's your weight loss secret? What do you do to stay in shape? What do you eat? Please use comments section below to share your tips.
How To Lose Weight
© 2014 Alana Niall