Edward Happer is a registered dietitian and health blogger. He owns a nutrition clinic and shares his experience in running a business.
- Meat, Poultry, and Dairy
All of the following food items are single serving.
Vegetables, Grains, and Legumes
Kidney beans, canned
Lima beans, canned
Navy beans, canned
Rice, white, cooked
Meat, Poultry, and Dairy
Ground beef, cooked
Beef steak, fried
Pork belly, cooked
Chicken breast, cooked
Turkey, light meat, roasted
Yogurt, plain, low-fat
The following dishes' caloric values are based on a single serving size.
- Corn on the Cob: This delicious boiled or grilled maize with a dash of salt contains roughly 80 calories and is healthy and very filling.
- Mac and Cheese: Prepared by cooking elbow macaroni and white sauce with some cheese, this dish contains approximately 222 calories.
- Mashed Potatoes: Made by mashing up boiled potatoes and adding some cheese and butter for taste and texture, there are numerous ways of cooking this. The most popular and favorite style calls for cream and butter; there are 131 calories in that version (per serving).
- Chicken Caesar Bowl Salad: This salad contains 136 calories; it is generally made by adding roasted chicken breast, shredded Parmesan-style cheese, and caesar dressing to romaine lettuce.
- Egg Salad Bowl: This salad variety contains 236 calories; it usually calls for mayonnaise and yellow mustard.
- Hamburger: A burger contains 280 calories. Its ingredients include a ground beef patty and bun; the lettuce and different sauces to go along with it like mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup, and relish are not included in the calorie total.
- French Fries: These fried, sliced potatoes have 196 calories in a single serving. They are often served with ketchup and a dash of salt.
- Beef Pot Roast: This roast has 155 calories in its single serving; it is a time-consuming dish to make that requires the meat to be cooked in a slow-roasting fashion. The meat is seared and then cooked in a big cooking pot.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
Trish on August 25, 2020:
NOT helpful without weights. Single portions are not the same for every one
dasun on July 12, 2020:
this page is verry helpfull to us
Hasanthi on June 09, 2020:
How many calories in cooked 100g of white and brown rice ??
Nsp on June 04, 2020:
How many calories in cooked 100g of white rice?
asha on May 27, 2020:
Very good page....
Kasuni Tharaka on May 03, 2020:
How many calories in an egg?
Harshani on April 18, 2020:
How many calorie in 1 tea spoon of suger white and brown
nikky on January 10, 2020:
how many calories in prawns 100g and cuttle fish 100g
Suresh sanjeewa on November 22, 2019:
How many calories 100g boiled black chickpeas ?
L. Anika on November 13, 2019:
How many calories in 01 teaspoon of sugar(white)?
janakasrilanka on October 03, 2019:
thank you very much giving importance details
Sumali on September 02, 2019:
Calorie for rice plz.
Anuradha on September 01, 2019:
very important page......
Isuru on August 25, 2019:
I need 1000 calories per day and on week days I spend above 8 hours per day in campouse. So I have busy life. Can you please give me a schedule.
Shenali on July 13, 2019:
How many calories are there in a 250ml Beer can?
S.T Rashmini on June 09, 2019:
I need 1400 calories per day and on week days I spend above 7 hours per day in campouse. So I have bit busy life. Can you plz give me a schedule.
Nayomi on May 15, 2019:
Very good page.
Rasika Ediriweera on May 11, 2019:
Good food plan
S.H .Mohamed on March 11, 2019:
I need 1305 calories Per day. Can you give me a schedule please
rando on February 28, 2019:
what a useless chart, no quantities
fat jerry on February 16, 2019:
best info for me to be slim jerry...thanks a lot.
Jacky on February 09, 2019:
Half cup mushrooms
Half cup spinach
How much calories
Nuwan on December 30, 2018:
how many grams rice you mentioned here?
eleanor on September 21, 2018:
not all the fruit and veggies have the amount for each serving, please let me know as i am counting calories these days to lose 100 pounds.. thank you kindly EB
becky on May 25, 2018:
Brijpal on February 18, 2018:
Single serving means,
What quantity you are talking about,
Is this 100gm? Please advise.
chesakat on June 18, 2017:
4 oz is a single serving for meat
Joyce Clark on May 28, 2015:
How many ounces do you consider in a single serving of meat. Such as hamburger or chicken breast?
Angel on March 26, 2014:
I was looking at the above single servings for all foods, fruit, vegetables, meats, you mentioned, some of them don't say how much is a single serving. Could you please explain this, thank you.