Best Cardio Machines for Exercise Weight Loss
There are some people who go to the gym to work out on cardio machines because they absolutely love the way that the workout makes them feel. That’s not most people. Most people go to the gym to work out on cardio machines because they know that these are the machines that are going to provide the most effective workout for weight loss. Many of these people want to know which cardio machines are going to provide that loss of weight in the quickest manner possible.
Some of the most popular cardio machines available for weight loss are:
1. Elliptical machines. The people who have had success losing weight with these machines swear by them and will tell you that the elliptical is the single best machine for cardio workouts if you’re looking to lose weight as well as to tone your body. However, others may express less success with this machine in terms of weight loss. The machine works out the entire body but it’s a low-impact machine so it’s relatively easy for most people to use it in spite of any injuries or difficulties that they may have. The most important thing to remember with these is to switch up the routine a lot by changing the settings to make it more challenging; this is the only way that you’ll lose a lot of weight on these machines. Otherwise you’ll just have a nice easy workout but you won’t get that maximum weight loss that you’re going for.
2. Rowing machines. There are a lot of people at the gym who will avoid this machine because they think it’s hard. That’s actually a sign that this machine provides a good workout. Rowing machines work out your entire body in a way that is similar to the elliptical machine. If you have ever actually rowed a boat then you know that this can be strenuous work which means that you’re going to be able to lose weight rapidly when it’s part of your workout routine.
3. Ski exercise machines. People who want a full body workout that is a little bit more challenging in terms of aerobic exercise may want to look at ski exercise machines. There are machines that simulate downhill skiing and machines that simulate cross country skiing; it is the cross country skiing machine (like the Nordic) that you’ll want to get if you’re looking for a cardio workout that’s going to help you rapidly lose weight. These are terrific machines for people who actually enjoy skiing and who want to keep their muscles built up while working out to lose weight. By changing the elevation settings, you can increase the challenge of the workout.
4. Stair climbing machines. The stair climber is another one of those machines that a lot of people will avoid because it doesn’t look as easy as some of the other cardio machines. People who commit to using the stair climber when they are at the gym will typically find that it speeds up their weight loss. The trick is to set the machine to a challenging level and then make sure that you pump your arms at your side as though you were truly climbing for sport; don’t rest on the rails as if this is an easy climb up your staircase at home.
5. Stationary Bicycle. People who enjoy biking may find that they also enjoy using the stationary bike at the gym. This is a great tool for weight loss and yet it’s a fairly easy cardio machine to use. In fact, many people will use this machine when they are dealing with leg, knee or back injuries. The recumbent bicycle is an even better option for people with back problems because it allows you to be seated lower in the device instead of having to hold yourself upright. Either machine can be good for a cardio workout if you’re willing to challenge yourself on the bike. If you get too lazy and bike at a leisurely pace then you won’t lose as much weight.
6. Treadmills. The treadmill is one of the most popular cardio machines at the gym. A lot of the reason for this is that people feel comfortable with the treadmill because it’s a common machine and the workout is something that we’re all used to doing – running (or walking). A treadmill can provide a great cardio workout but you really need to commit to it for this to be great for weight loss. You want to make sure that you set the treadmill to a challenging pace and that you keep it up for the duration of the workout. Many people make the mistake of slowing down on the treadmill or ignoring the option to do hills and they end up losing weight slower than they want to because of this.
These are all great cardio workout machines for weight loss. The main thing is really that you find a machine that you enjoy using and can commit to using on a regular basis. For some people, this may even mean using a series of multiple machines on a regular schedule to change things up a little bit while still getting a steady workout. Once you’ve chosen your machines, you have to make sure that you keep challenging yourself to workout out for longer periods of time on more challenging settings. That’s what it takes to lose weight quickly with this type of exercise equipment.