Troubleshooting Misfit Shine Problems
The Misfit Shine is a sleep and fitness tracker designed to gather and present key information related to your health. The activity tracker calculates the calories you've burned based on the type of exercise you were engaged in, and can also determine the quality of sleep you get each night. The Misfit Shine is water-resistant and features a battery that can power the device for up to six months before it needs replaced. But, for all that it does, it is not immune to problems.
Misfit Shine Won't Light Up
If the face of your Misfit Shine is failing to light up when you tap it, the first thing you need to check is that the battery is correctly installed on your fitness tracker. Common causes for this problem can be if the battery has been jogged loose, or if the battery wasn't seated correctly in the device to begin with. You can check the battery by removing the battery cover from the back of the device. Finally, if everything the battery is seated correctly and you're still experiencing problems, try replacing the battery.
Can't Sync With Device
A number of problems can cause your Misfit Shine to not sync with a device you have it paired with. Common cause of this issue include the devices being too far apart, other devices in the way, and the Bluetooth on the device you're attempting to sync the Misfit Shine with having been turned off. As a result, try doing the following to resolve this issue:
- Move the two devices as close as you can to each other.
- If Bluetooth is currently enabled on the device you're attempting to sync the Misfit Shine with, try turning it off and then back on. Alternatively, if the Bluetooth isn't currently turned on, then turn it on.
- Move away from any devices that emit signals that could interfere with the connection between your Misfit Shine and the device you're attempting to sync it with. This can include radios, microwaves, baby monitors and more.
- Try closing the re-launching the Misfit app on the device you're attempting to sync with. There may be a short-term problem with the app.
Won't Link with App
Make sure the Misfit Shine and the device you're attempting to link it with are in close proximity of each other -- ideally within a few feet. Additionally, ensure that no one else has linked their account to that particular Misfit Shine. In the event that another person has already set up their account in that particular one, you'll need to have them unlink their account first before you can set your account up.
Where Is the Clock on Misfit Shine?
In its factory state, there is no clock presented on the screen. However, if you want to see the time on the activity tracker's screen, you can do so using the following instructions:
- Open the MIsfit app on the device the activity tracker is synced with and then choose "Devices."
- You'll see an Enable Clock slider. Move it into the "ON" position.
- Sync your Misfit Shine with the device. The next time you view the screen on your activity tracker, you'll see dots located at noon, 3, 6 and 9.
Screen Not Responding
The most common cause of a non-responsive touchscreen is that it's dirty. As a result, if the Misfit Shine screen isn't responding like you feel it should be, clean off any dirt and grime that's accumulated on it. Additionally, it may be an indicator that the battery is getting low. To test that, try replacing the activity tracker's battery to see if that resolves the problem.
Misfit regularly updates the software on the Shine -- you just don't see it happen. Additionally, the software on the Shine is only updated when the app on the device that you're syncing the activity tracker with is updated. As a result, to ensure that you have the most current software on your Misfit Shape, make sure that the app on the device you're pairing the activity tracker with is up to date. Software updates can resolve problems identified after the device's release, close security holes, add functionality, and even improve the device's battery life.
Questions & Answers
© 2016 Max Dalton