How to Lose Belly Fat with Saran Wrap: Tips and Side Effects
First Things First: A Disclaimer
If you choose to try this out, please do so at your own risk.
Please note that the advice contained in this article is for informational purposes only, and I am not a medical or health professional. While the below stomach wrap method that I'm about to discuss did work for me and my wife, this may not apply for everyone. There may or may not be special medical conditions or problems that may occur for you, and it is always advised that you consult a doctor if you ever have any concerns. I've included some of the potential side effects that may vary from common to rare.
My Weight Loss Story
Do you want to lose your belly fat quickly and for cheap? The stomach wrap method may work for you. Here's my story:
It started when my wife and I were going about during a normal evening — I was writing some stuff online and surfing the Internet while she was watching reality TV when an infomercial caught our attention. This one was for a weight loss product.
Some background information: both my wife and I have been working out for about three months now. We have both successfully lost over 20 pounds each. However, the one thing that seems to be kicking our ass is the belly fat. We can't seem to lose it all, despite having lost a lot of weight. We had changed our lifestyles completely, and went from no exercise at all to exercising several times a week and eating 100% better than we used to. I'm certain that this is of course a big part of the equation, and even if your'e looking to quickly lose the belly fat, this is something to take into consideration as well that an old fashioned plan of diet and exercise may be your answer as well.
Back to the infomercial. It was for a product called the "Tummy Tuck Belt." The infomercial claimed that if you rub this cream on your stomach and then wear their product (a belt) twice a day for ten minutes per session, then your belly fat will melt away. This is what first inspired me to perform some more research on this supposed magical cream and wrapping your stomach to lose belly fat. I finally did find something for us to lose the remaining belly fat we had!
In this article, you'll learn:
- What I used for my stomach wrap to lose the belly fat
- Instructions on how to wrap your belly
- Potential side effects and risks
- Some general weight loss tips
Stomach Wrapping at Home: What You'll Need
I was wondering: Has someone come up with a secret cream that burns fat? This is unlikely, so what could it be? I turned to the Internet and did some research on how this theory works. It seems that by increasing blood flow and confining in the body heat to the affected part of your stomach, the fat tissue in that area is then burned up. Please note, again, that I am not a professional — this is just what I read.
Anyway, as far as I could tell, there are only a few things that can be used with the skin this way while managing to be safe. The one that kept turning up in my results was a Menthol heat patch, which you can find at virtually any drug store.
So, to try this method out, you'll need:
- A pack of Menthol heat patches (Icy Hot and Bengay are two common brands that you may run across), and
- a roll of plastic saran wrap.
Stomach Wrap Instructions
The actual stomach wrapping part is simple. Here are instructions:
- Take one of the cold heat pats and place it directly onto your belly.
- Wrap one or two layers of saran wrap around your stomach.
- Keep it wrapped for about 30-45 minutes.
- Do this for 3-4 days and you should start to notice results.
My wife and I both did this for four days and lost around three inches each, so it has worked for us.
Potential Side Effects
While my wife and I did not personally experience any side effects, this doesn't mean that this act doesn't come with any. In fact, there have been many various side effects reported. Please make sure you adequately research this before you attempt it. Here are three common concerns:
- Temporary weight loss only. The weight you lose may be mostly water weight, in which case it would be very temporary. The best way to keep off weight for the long haul is proper diet and exercise.
- Dehydration is dangerous. Excessive sweating, which will occur in this process, could lead to dehydration. Therefore, it's very important that you stay hydrated. Excessively unnecessary sweating can even lead to death if you don't hydrate in time or properly.
- Harmful substances. The saran wrap may contain chemical and synthetic substances that when pressed against your skin and into your body, could yield harmful results. There may even be substances that cause cancer (this is also a general note of caution that you should research what type of plastic wraps you purchase for your food storage needs).
- Other or no effects. A burning sensation may occur from the patch and the sweating when in the end you may not even see weight loss at all from doing this.
Please see the comments below for other possible side effects that others have experienced, as well.
General Weight Loss Tips
As mentioned, the best way to lose weight the healthy way and to keep it off is a proper diet and fitness regime. While this may not sound as easy or efficient as the plastic wrap method, it is healthy and proven — you just need to set your mind to it, commit, and the pounds will come off! Here are some general tips:
- Eat healthier. This means more fruits and vegetables in place of fat or sugary snacks. Nuts, fish, and eggs, and other healthy proteins are great in small portions throughout the day to keep you energized and full, without tacking on too many calories or carbs.
- Set a structured workout schedule. Start off by adding baby steps to your life. For example, taking the stairs instead of the elevator and going for a nightly walk after dinner. Then, look into running or type of structured workout where you can be held accountable (a gym membership, a fitness program that runs on a schedule, dance classes, a personal trainer, or have a friend commit to running or exercising with you, and so forth).
- Count your calories. The facts are facts and the more calories you burn, the more weight you'll lose. Of course, you need to pace yourself and be healthy about this. This means being diligent about keeping track of how much you generally consume and cutting that maybe by 50 calories a day to start, and then 100, 200 after that, and of course then keeping up with it. You can easily Google how many calories you need to lose or consume to get to your ideal weight.
- Don't operate in extremes. Don't just think that you'll stop eating all junk food and sweets and that you'll start working out every day all of a sudden with no problem. You'll burn out or experience detox if you don't take healthy steps to get there. So, instead of cutting out all sweets, start by telling yourself you'll only have one piece of candy a day, and then make that a week, and then maybe cut it out completely. The same goes for exercising, as mentioned in the point above.
There you have it, for what it is worth. If you try this idea please come back and leave a comment to share your experience with others on how it worked for you. Again, though, please keep in mind the possible side effects, always consult a doctor, and strive for a healthy diet and weight loss regime.
As always, thanks for taking time to read my article! Good luck to you in your health journey.