How to Get Rid of Belly Fat Fast and Get a Flat Stomach
Are you struggling to get rid of belly fat? If you are struggling to lose belly fat, you are not alone.My girlfriends always complain that they put on a belly fat in the winter. As soon as bikini adverts start to appear on TV or in magazines, it is panic stations. Should we be concerned about belly fat? Yes, it may look a bit unattractive, but there are some health-related concerns as well. When you carry access belly fat, there is an increased chance of developing diabetes type 2, high blood pressure and even heart disease. Storing fat, especially belly fat, can be really bad for us and we should try to reduce belly fat.
How Can We Get Rid of Belly Fat?
A lot of research shows that by eating certain foods and avoiding others we may be able to speed up the way we lose weight and how fast we lose it. Exercise is also important, and to lose belly fat quickly, it is important to exercise. Some supplements can help many of us to lose belly fat as well, and you may want to check out your supplement routine.
When we set out to lose belly fat, we often find that we lose weight from others parts of our body. We tone up and become healthier and fitter. Focusing on reducing belly fat can help us to become overall fitter and healthier.
How This Diet Works
My summer weight loss plan does not include any "bad for you" carbohydrates. There is no sugar, fizzy drinks (they upset our digestion anyway), cookies, white bread or white pasta. The idea is to include healthy fats and a smaller amount of healthy carbohydrates.
If you exclude unhealthy carbs from your diet, you can easily lose 12 lbs in an eight week period. If you go on a low-fat diet, you may only lose 6 lbs. The reason is that a lot of carbohydrates are just empty calories. The body cannot use them, so they are stored as fat and this leads to excess belly fat amongst other things.
Eat Good Fats for Better Health
Monounsaturated fats are better for you. Not only do they help with weight loss but they also give you more energy and make you feel better as well. If you are suffering from aching joints, you will find that a diet high in monounsaturated fats will ease pain and even increase joint mobility.
Healthy monounsaturated fats can be found in olive oil, nuts, avocado, seeds and lean meat. Omega-3's are also healthy fats and they can be found in salmon, sardines and tuna. People who have high levels of Omega-3 essential fatty acids in their blood also normally have smaller waists and weigh less.
When you are trying to lose belly fat, it could be a good idea to take a supplement of Omega 3. Not only will it help you to lose weight, but taking an Omega 3 supplement will help you to increase circulation. This is a great way to lose extra fat, and will even help you to get rid of cellulite.
Carbohydrates That We Need
The body does need carbohydrates but it can only use healthy ones. Where can you find them? Healthy carbohydrates can be found in whole-grain breads and cereals.
They are also found in brown rice and oats so it is a good idea to replace white bread with brown bread. Not only can it help you lose weight, but whole grains also help prevent constipation which can lead to a bloated stomach. People that have substituted white cereals with whole grain ones are normally healthier and have flatter stomachs.
Other Low Fat Foods
There are many other low fat foods which you should include in your healthy summer diet. They include skim milk, yogurt, and cheese.
It is important to include dairy in your diet as it is essential for calcium which gives us healthy bones. Calcium is also a very important nutrient to help us absorb our food.
Also remember to drink a lot of water as this will help with weight loss and increase kidney function.
Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Pick one breakfast every day but don't forget about your calcium intake. Have 300 ml of low fat milk every day, or one pot of fat-free natural yogurt. Each of the below breakfast ideas provides you with 250 calories.
- Two handfuls of blueberries topped with two tablespoons of toasted oats, one tablespoon of almonds, four tablespoons low fat natural yoghurt and a teaspoon of honey
- One slice whole grain toast with one tablespoon peanut butter and one small banana
- One kiwi fruit, one slice of cantaloupe melon and two handfuls of raspberries, topped with one small pot of fat-free yoghurt and one tablespoon almond flakes
- One large pot of yogurt with five dried prunes and five dried figs
Healthy Lunch Ideas
Pick one of the below lunch ideas every day but feel free to add extra salad and vegetables.
Each option will provide with you 350 calories.
- Salad made from one small avocado, one tomato, reduced fat cheese, five olives, and low calorie dressing or olive oil
- One slice whole grain toast, one can of sardines in tomato sauce and salad, plus one piece of fruit of your choice
- Salmon or tuna salad made from a tin of tuna or salmon, six tablespoons of cooked brown rice, two tablespoons sweet corn, extra cucumber, and one tomato. Fat free dressing or olive oil
- Waldorf salad made from one apple, two sticks of celery, twelve walnut halves, low fat mayo ( about one tablespoon), and a good helping of lettuce. A piece of your favorite fruit for dessert
- Small portion of steamed salmon on toast with two shredded raw carrots
Healthy Dinner Ideas
Choose one dinner per day. Each dinner contains 450 calories.
- One grilled tuna steak, five boiled new potatoes, green salad with olive oil. For dessert, have one small pot of greek yoghurt and one apple
- Omelette made with mushrooms, two eggs, skimmed milk and four tablespoons of grated, reduced-fat cheese. Serve with one slice of whole grain bread and salad. For dessert, have one kiwi fruit
- One chicken breast served with three new potatoes. Tomato and red onion salad. For dessert, two fresh figs or four strawberries
- Roasted vegetables with one sweet potato, 1/2 courgette (zucchini), 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 green pepper, and one red onion. Crumble 50 grams of feta cheese over the vegetables. Have one apple for dessert
Exercises to Help You Lose Weight
Eating right is important, but so is exercise. One of the best exercises for weight loss is walking. Adding aerobic exercise to your program will also make you more fit overall. Here are some easy ideas for aerobic exercise to add to your daily routine.
- Walk for 30 minutes at any time during the day. It does not matter if you have to break up the 30 minutes into two 15 minutes intervals. Just walk.
- Climb the stairs. Spend 20 minutes climbing the stairs everyday.
- Swim for 30 minutes. This burns calories and tones your body.
Mix and match these easy exercises and you should be seeing the difference.
Sit-ups may not be the best option so try these alternatives.
- The yoga plank—This is a great exercise for the tummy muscles. Hold for 30 seconds and repeat five times. The plank is often done as part of yoga sun salutations. Why not do a full set?
- Leg raises—Sit on the side of your bed and raise your legs. First bring your legs up until they are at a 90 degree angle and lower slowly level to the bed. Support yourself on your elbows. Repeat five times.
- Hip raises—Lie on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Put your hands by your sides for support and raise your hips so you are in a straight position from your shoulders to your knees. Hold for ten seconds and repeat five times.
- Tone your waist—Stand with your legs hip width apart and allow your hand to drop to the knee by your side. Do three sets of 15 reps on each side. This will really help to tone your waist.
How Much Weight Will I Lose on This Diet?
All my girlfriends spent 10 days on this diet. We all lose weight at different rates, but my girlfriends all lost between 4 lbs to 9 lbs per person. However, the most amazing thing has been the inch loss. One girl lost only 4 lbs but 3 inches off her waist. She was addicted to white bread and has now sworn to never touch the stuff again.
You are eating around 1,300 calories on this diet per day, so if you exercise, your weight loss will increase. My girlfriend who only lost 4 lbs only did the toning exercises every day, and walked 30 minutes every other day.
Other Ideas That Might Help
- Green tea: Drinking green tea is a good fat buster, but you must drink at least six cups per day. Replace some of your water with green tea
- Soya lecithin: Soya lecithin loves fat. It picks up fat molecules and transports them out of the body.
- Omega 3 fish oil: Unless you are on blood-thinning medication or statins, it is safe to take 1000 mg three times per day.
- Gingko Biloba: This is not very often thought of as a diet supplement but Gingko Biloba increases micro circulation. Better blood circulation makes the body work more efficiently.
- Sleep: If we don't get enough sleep, we feel we need to eat. it is all down to a hormone called Leptin.
- Top Tip: Ditch the cigs. Smoking makes it more difficult for you to lose weight.
- Vitamin B Complex: A vitamin B complex supplement can help a great deal. Not only will vitamin B help to increase your energy levels, but it will help you to speed up your metabolism as well.