101 Reasons Why Being Fat Sucks
It's only tough love.
Hi, I'm an overweight guy. And being fat sucks. It sucks A LOT. Those of us who are fat understand, and those who are not are lucky that they don't have to. There is literally nothing good about being overweight, and it's pretty much the only thing keeping me from complete happiness. I've been overweight since birth so I don't know what it's like to be "skinny". But this year I've decided I need to do something about it. But then again, I've tried to lose some weight in the past, but there is a lack of motivation in me to continue. So I've prepared this list to remind me why I'm making the effort. The list will consist of things that I have to experience in life due to being overweight. No, I'm not being hard on myself, I'm not insulting myself or other fat people, but this is the only way I can find some motivation.. to know why being overweight is bad. Take a look, so you can understand how being fat affects my life and know why people should be losing weight. And if you're not overweight, ..good job. Don't ever be.
To Be Fat is a Terrible Thing
Effects of Being Overweight:
1. Lack of confidence.
2. Higher risk of heart disease.
3. Well, higher risk of.. death.
4. Makes you snore a bit.
5. When someone in the group farts, they will assume it's the fat one.
6. Gym is hell.
7. You aren't decent at almost any physical activity.
8. You are useless for sports, except for football. Barely.
9. You feel weird in Science class when they mention overweight issues.
10. Some clothes you would like to wear won't look good on you, so you can't wear them.
11. You will never look good. Even when you think you look good, you don't.
12. People will never find you attractive.
13. It's much harder to get into a relationship with a person you like.
14. You get made fun of. ALWAYS.
15. It's harder to make friends. People have a thing for fat people, I say this in a bad way.
16. Harder to get laid.
17. You want to eat a lot, and you NEED to eat a lot. Big boy = Big stomach.
18. The wind is not a friend. It'll show your fat!
19. Constant assurance that no one sees your fat, ever.
20. You will be paranoid, of how you look, what you do, how you do them.
21. Shirt stays on at the beach and pool.
22. You might even avoid the beach and pool.
23. Knowing people are lying when they say you're beautiful or sexy.
24. Exposing your stomach is like exposing your private parts.
25. When you eat bad foods, you feel bad after. You know you shouldn't be eating this!
26. You have to avoid showing the double chin. Whether its in pictures, videos or in person.
27. You will be known as "the fat kid" for some times. People will refer you to that at times.
28. You feel heavy.
29. Running is a challenge.
30. Your fat jiggles when you do run.
31. You HATE weighing yourself.
32. You'll lie about your weight at some point.
33. Urge to feel upset when skinny people say they're fat.
34. Feel discouraged when you realize "looks matters".
35. You don't want to have to say you wear an X-Large shirt. Or your 36+ waist size.
36. A fat guitar player looks weird.
37. So does a fat drummer.
38. Fat musicians look weird ok?
39. Don't want to "Like" people's "like for rate" on Facebook.
40. You are not flexible AT ALL.
41. Family will give you nicknames having to do with being big or fat. "Oh hi, my big bear!"
42. Pull-ups are actually impossible.
43. A buff fat guy looks weird. You'll have to lose the weight first, before building some serious muscle.
44. Can someone say, High blood pressure?
45. Type 2 Diabetes will be the guy that REALLY wants to be close to you.. very high risk.
46. Sitting criss-cross applesauce is rough. Just rough.
47. You give Europeans more of a reason to call Americans fat.
48. Muffin Top.
49. Higher risk of strokes.
50. and gallbladder disease.
51. and high cholesterol.
52. and sleep apnea.
53. and Arthritis.
54. Oh and cancer. Cancer.
55. Did I mention heart attacks?
56. You can never borrow your friends' clothes for any reason, they will most likely end up being too small.
57. Cool clothes don't look good on fat people.
58. You might actually be exceeding a weight limit for something. Like a beach chair, support board, etc.
59. You move vehicles when you enter them.
60. No one should ever touch you. You don't want them touching your fat!
61. There is no hope for a relationship or hook-up with a person you'd want. It just won't happen.
62. Because NOBODY is interested in fat people. For the most part.
63. People will always assume that you want the leftovers of any food.
64. It takes a very long time to lose a desired amount of weight.
65. When you're seriously overweight, 10 pounds is just not enough. Small amounts of weight means nothing when you're fat.
66. Abs is just a dream.
67. You sometimes may want to lower your standards if you have no luck with the people you actually like.
68. You can't jump.
69. Nobody wants you in their sports team.
70. Aside from football being the only sport you're useful for, You're only good for Offensive or Defensive Line.
71. You look hilarious in tights.
72. Don't really enjoy exercising in public.
73. People won't really notice when you lose some weight. You'll still look fat for a long time.
74. The process to weight loss is like a damn journey. It takes forever and is so hard.
75. You get jealous of your better looking friends or family members, or anyone really that is normal weight.
76. You start to think, "He/She is definitely out of my league".
77. Fat jokes secretly hurt you, no matter what. And they will always come.
78. Skinny jeans? HA.
79. There's also a higher risk for Osteoarthritis.
80. Man boobs! A fat guy might have bigger boobs than a skinny girl! That's just awkward.
81. Speaking of man boobs.. Your friends will "scoop" you, mess with the man boobs. SO ANNOYING.
82. You can't fit through certain things your skinnier people might fit through. Like a hole to go to the other side of something.
83. A tshirt that may have been shrunk a bit in the dryer may no longer be good to use.
84. You might be left out when your manly friends are talking about building muscle working out at the gym.. you're just kind of there.
85. Your friends might actually not believe you go to the gym!
86. Even your own family will make fun of your weight!
87. Bending down for a while gets tiring.
88. Your fat jiggles on bumpy rides.
89. Seat belts expose a bit more fat.
90. It's tough to find perfect fitting clothes.
91. Fat people have more oil, including on their faces, so that might even mean more acne!
92. Fat people in winter clothing look EXTRA fat.
93. Your weight always bothers you.
94. You always wish you were skinnier.
95. You wish you were someone else, a skinner person.
96. You might even depressed over how you look.
97. You might think less of yourself.
98. Maybe others will think less of you.
99. You know you shouldn't be like this.
100. So you get upset and sad that you are overweight.
101. And you'll never be completely happy until you lose the weight.
You have to take everything into consideration; The big things, and the small things. Being overweight affects your whole life, it affects what you do, how you do them, what you think, and who you are. You lose self esteem and confidence, you are unhealthy, and it puts a lot of limits on what you can do in your life. Being fat makes a huge impact on your life, a completely negative one. There is nothing good in being overweight, so if you are not overweight, make sure you do your best to not be, because you won't want to be fat. And those of us who are overweight, seriously try to lose the weight, I'm sure life is so much better when you are just normal weight. I've started to lose some weight, and I will look back to this as a reminder on why I'm making the effort. You should too!
For what reason would you most want to lose weight?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.