How to Make 5-Ingredient Coconut-Chocolate Protein Bars
Protein, protein, and more protein—a source of sustained energy and muscle building. I was on the hunt for a high-protein bar that could easily be made at home (I’m a big fan of DIY and homemade). I did an online search and came across this DIY protein bar recipe. The magic words were "do it yourself." So I decided to give it a try and was very much impressed with the end result. They taste great, have a good consistency, and are very easy to make.
My husband was a big fan, and I ended up making a second double batch.
Makes 3 medium-sized bars
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1/4 Cup Flaked Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 30g Dark Chocolate, (85% or Higher)
- Bind the Whey Protein, Flaked Coconut, Flour, and Milk together. The mixture should have a dough-like consistency enabling you to shape the bars easily. If the mixture is either too moist or too dry, add a little extra flour or milk to get the desired consistency.
- Break the chocolate into smaller pieces and melt in a bain-marie or glass bowl in the microwave. If using the microwave, heat the chocolate on the lowest setting at short 10 -15 second intervals. Stir between each interval to spread the heat evenly. Stirring is essential to allow the chocolate to melt without burning.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars. Spread more evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Place in the fridge for an hour or until the chocolate coating is solid.
Keep these in the fridge until ready to eat as the chocolate tends to melt easily.
I do not take credit for this recipe at all, just sharing my experience making it. You can find the original recipe on the nutrition website I found.