10 Health Benefits Of Green Apples
Green Apple Benefits - Is It All Hype?
All sorts of apples have health benefits, but the thing that makes green apples special is that they have a high nutritional density packed with minerals, vitamins, proteins and fiber. They are popular in their fight against digestive problems, blood glucose regulation and the presence of good cholesterol among others.
You may have heard people talking about green apples and their various health benefits. In fact, if you check out the comments received on this article, you'll also notice that many have been advised to include green apples as a major part of their diet. But, is green apple nutrition actually going to help?
Green apples provide a huge range of health and beauty benefits. There are various types of apples - the sweet ones being the most common. Green apples, on the other hand, are more the sweet and sour type (this is popularly classified as cooking apples).
The sweet and sour variety are amazing, as well. Here are some general benefits and perks you can find:
- They offer a humongous range of health benefits, being used in the wine industry, in cooking, and, commonly they are specially grown for their healthy oils.
- Green apples possess glossy skin, along with a juicy flesh. They're high in fiber and help keep the digestive tract clean and healthy.
That's not all, of course -- these wondrous fruits offer loads of other benefits. Read on to learn about both the health and beauty benefits of green apples.
Red Apples vs. Green Apples
Both red and green apples are good for your health. But when compared, without a doubt, green apples have a higher nutrient density against red apples. Does this make green apples better than red apples? Maybe if you're buying by weight. On all other levels when comparing a single red apple to a single green apple, researchers at antioxidant nutrition labs have found out that the differences are minimal.
What do you prefer?
The Green Apple Nutrition/Benefits Chart
Vitamin B - 6
The Various Health Benefits of Green Apples
As mentioned, there are various green apple benefits. Here are just a few prominent health benefits of green apples:
- Dietary fiber content. The first and most important green apple benefit is its dietary fiber content, which helps in the regulation of the bowel movements and thereby helps in the overall digestive process.
- Decreases chance of colon cancer. Due to the high fiber content, green apples in turn offer another great benefit -- the drastic reduction in the possibility of colon cancer.
- No bad cholesterol. Green apples have the benefit of giving your stomach a sense of satisfaction, so you don’t tend to overeat with them. Moreover, green apples don't contain any bad cholesterol. Therefore, one can easily reduce their weight and still remain healthy by consuming green apples.
- Lower cholesterol. As already mentioned, one of the major green apple benefits is the high fiber content. These high levels of fiber can help to reduce cholesterol already present in the body.
- Easing digestion. If you’ve consumed something heavy and are worried about whether your stomach can take it, you could just go ahead and have a green apple. Green apples can help ease the digestion, due to the enzymes present in the apple.
- Reduction of liver and digestive tract issues. Green apples also reduce liver problems and can help prevent digestive tract problems.
- Prevention. Green apples can help prevent diarrhea, as well as constipation and gout. They contain both tartaric as well as Maleic acid, thereby helping to reduce the chances of indigestion.
- Antioxidants. Green apples contain both flavonoid and polyphenol -- all forms of antioxidants. Because of this, they can prevent various forms of cancer and DNA damage.
- Appetite control. Green apples secrete organic acids that can help your appetite. So, if you suffer from low appetite due to intestinal peristalsis, you can help this by eating green apples.
- Energy. Green apples are energy givers. They contain carbohydrates, which are especially good for people playing any form of sport or leading a hectic life.
Eat Fruit at the Right time to Harness the many Benefits
- When is the Best Time to Eat Fruit?
When is the best time to eat fruit? Is it bad to eat fruit after meals? Can I mix fruit with yogurt ? Are smoothies really good for me? Learn all this and more.
These benefits as well as the beauty benefits that you'll find below are the ones unique to Green Apples; but, Green apples have various other benefits that all Apples share in common.
Bonus: Beauty Benefits of Green Apples
Green apples aren't just good for one's health, but they're also one of the best fruits when it comes to restoring lost beauty. Of course, restoration of your beauty could be considered a health benefit, as these apples help cleanse your skin and keep your teeth and gums healthy. Therefore, in addition to providing health benefits, they're also natural beauty therapists.
- If you’re a person focused on your beauty and skin health, then you'll certainly reap the benefits of green apples. Green apples contain vitamins A, B, C, as well as E. Hence, this can help in the whitening of skin -- they also help keep your skin fresh and glowing.
- Skin diseases can also be controlled by the consumption of green apples. Therefore, if you or anyone in your family suffers from rashes or any other form of skin condition, you could always enlighten them with this green apple benefit.
- Lastly, here's a list of small, but huge green apple benefits: they help purify blood, keep the gums healthy (and therefore even the heart), help in keeping the teeth clean, memory is enhanced (and elderly nervous problems could be reduced), gallstones could be prevented, and the control and cure of rheumatism can occur, as well.