Health Advantages and Benefits of Mangoes With Recipes
Mango is one of those fruits that people always crave for and I am also one of them. Besides its sweet, delicious and irresistible taste, mangoes also have many advantages and health benefits. Some of the notable advantages are listed below.
Benefits of Eating Mangoes
- Low In Calories: Mangoes are richly sweet in taste but are low in calories. With approximately only 100-130 calories in a mango, it proves to be a healthy fruit for a human body.
- Fiber: Mangoes are a very good source of fiber. One cup of mango provides 2.5-3.5g of fiber.An adult man generally requires 30-35g of fibers and a woman requires 20-25g of fiber, daily. Advantages of fiber include weight control, improving your heart’s health, low cholesterol, promotes digestive functions of the body and appetite control.
- Antioxidants: Mangoes are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are really necessary for human diet and a healthy and longer life. Mangoes are a great source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. It also contains protein, carbohydrate, Vitamin E and Vitamin B6. Antioxidants fights against radicals which damage cells and increase the probability of many different types of cancers. Antioxidants are also believed to reduce the aging process by fighting against cancers and heart diseases.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A helps in maintaining healthy skins and bones. It also protects one’s night vision. One cup of mango gives approx. 180-190% of the daily value of vitamin A.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is believed to contribute to a healthy immune system. It also fights against many free radicals and eco-enemy toxins. Vitamin C also fastens up the process of healing and recovery of wounds. Mangoes contain around 60-70% of daily value of Vitamin C.
- Healthy Weight: With its low-calorie quality and richness in water and food quantity, mango proves to be an immensely effective tool for achieving a healthy weight. Mangoes contain lesser calorie per serving and hence one may eat more amount of food by staying within his calorie limit circle, thus, achieving a healthy weight.
- Minerals: Mangoes also contain many minerals in them; most notably potassium and magnesium. These minerals are necessary for muscles’ growth, contraction of muscles, relaxation of muscles and producing proteins in your body. They are also believed to keep maintaining a steady heartbeat.
As you have seen, alongside with its sweet flavored taste, mangoes have many health benefits and necessary nutrition ingredients for a healthy body. To sum up all the advantages and benefits, mangoes should definitely (with professional recommendations) be used by/for:
- By people having heart problems,
- By persons threatened by different types of cancers,
- By patients recovering, and healing from wounds,
- For muscles development and natural growth,
- For achieving a healthy weight alongside capping the calorie level,
- People having deficiencies especially with Vitamin A and Vitamin C,
- Pregnant women.
- Growing children.
- For healthy skin and bones.
- For recovery of damaged cells.
- Persons exposed to environmental toxins.
- For improving digestive and immune system.
Following are some different recipes:
A simple yet delicious recipe for making mango juice.
The recipe for mango ice cream from the famous Indian chef, Sanjeev Kapoor.
You can add mango in your diet, by the help of some cereal. It's good for your health!