Health Advantages and Benefits of Mangoes
Mangoes are is one of those fruits that I crave. Besides their sweet, delicious, and irresistible taste, mangoes also have many advantages and health benefits. Some of the notable advantages are listed below.
Benefits of Eating Mangoes
- Low In Calories: Mangoes are richly sweet in taste but are low in calories. With approximately only 100-130 calories in a mango, it proves to be a healthy fruit for a human body.
- Fiber: Mangoes are a very good source of fiber. One cup of mango provides 2.5-3.5g of fiber.An adult man generally requires 30-35g of fibers and a woman requires 20-25g of fiber, daily. Advantages of fiber include weight control, improving your heart’s health, low cholesterol, promotes digestive functions of the body and appetite control.
- Antioxidants: Mangoes are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are really necessary for human diet and a healthy and longer life. Mangoes are a great source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. It also contains protein, carbohydrate, Vitamin E and Vitamin B6. Antioxidants fights against radicals which damage cells and increase the probability of many different types of cancers. Antioxidants are also believed to reduce the aging process by fighting against cancers and heart diseases.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A helps in maintaining healthy skins and bones. It also protects one’s night vision. One cup of mango gives approx. 180-190% of the daily value of vitamin A.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is believed to contribute to a healthy immune system. It also fights against many free radicals and eco-enemy toxins. Vitamin C also fastens up the process of healing and recovery of wounds. Mangoes contain around 60-70% of daily value of Vitamin C.
- Healthy Weight: With its low-calorie quality and richness in water and food quantity, mango proves to be an immensely effective tool for achieving a healthy weight. Mangoes contain lesser calorie per serving and hence one may eat more amount of food by staying within his calorie limit circle, thus, achieving a healthy weight.
- Minerals: Mangoes also contain many minerals in them; most notably potassium and magnesium. These minerals are necessary for muscles’ growth, contraction of muscles, relaxation of muscles and producing proteins in your body. They are also believed to keep maintaining a steady heartbeat.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
Questions & Answers
© 2011 Syed Hunbbel Meer