Reasons to Drink Green Tea
A Few Of The Many Causes To Sip The Tea
Drinking tea is popular across the planet but green tea is talked about as a drink that can be and perhaps should be considered as one of the best beverages on earth. And why is this? It's loaded with strong antioxidants, and nutrients, which have many dynamic effects on the body. There is brain function improvement, and protection against cancer these benefits get the attention of the eye as well as the ear. I hear this other infromation stated over and over again. I'm grateful for the good news for a change. Let's take a closer look at what is being studied, reported and said.
- Combat Allergies- If you have allergies like I do and want relief for your body and mind Green tea has been reported to provide strong help in this effort. It's because of the presence of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a specific compound which is good at to fight allergies. As per the survey carried out by Cytotechnology in 2007, the tea polyphenol can reduce pollen allergies. Additionally, some of the compounds can strengthen the hormones, which are capable of reducing and relieving allergy symptoms.
- Improves Eyesight- Carrots have a huge amount of Vitamin A, and is associated with improving eyesight. However, you may or may not know green tea is capable of penetrating the eye tissues, and creating antioxidant activity. Additionally, the oxidant Catechins is capable of and often is absorbed directly into the eye tissues. According to the survey carried out by Experimental Eye Research in 2011, it can also prevent cataract-induced blindness. Additionally, it can act as a shield near the cornea, and improve eyesight. Wow!
- Reduces Cholesterol- May of us have heard the disadvantages associated with high cholesterol, and the risks associated with it. At present, many people around the world are trying everything they know too reduce it. Additionally, it is really difficult to think of life beyond fast food, and too many unhealthy snacks and drinks. However, a very valuable option would be to replace at least some of these with green tea. It has a strong anti-oxidant known as EGCG, which can absorb cholesterol from the intestine. As per survey carried out by The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2011, more than 1100 participants showed improvement after the consuming the the drink. Those that took it 5 times a day; showed a significant reduction of cholesterol from the body. That's a lot tea, but those that started their morning hydration with water and this substance saw the difference. Armed with an intentional schedule and plan. Tea with breakfast, snacks, at lunch, dinner and beyond found it doable. That's five cups. It's not just a couple. We too can move into this healthier direction if we choose too.
- Strengthen Gums and Teeth- You may have read in several places, that drinking tea has been associated with staining teeth and thereby weakening gums. The reason is the presence of tannic acid, which is dark in color, and hence damaging to the teeth. However, green tea is the exception, and can improve oral health. As the research carried out by Periodontology in 2009, this beverage has an inverse relation with periodontal diseases. As mentioned above, the presence of Catechins can reduce symptoms, associated with periodontal diseases. Additionally, it can reduce body inflammation, and strengthens your body’s response to periodontal bacteria. The strongest aspect is the Green Tea's ability to fight bacteria, and reduce the amount of acidity in saliva.
- Cancer- Green tea is known for fighting pancreatic, and oral cancer.
- UV Protection- Sunglasses and sunscreens are the best weapons at the beach in the summer months and in a mostly tropical environment. Catchines are capable of making the skin resistant to ultra violet rays, which prevent sthe the skin from aging. Green tea has been shown to prevent the skin from the inflammation caused by UV exposure.
- Weight Loss -it is reported this tea helps mobilize fat from our fat cells. Ain't that good news! Believe it or not the list goes on.
Dr, Andrew Weil
Do You Drink Green Tea?See results without voting
Dr. Hyman Says:
How Much Green Tea Should We Drink?
Harvard Health Publications recommends drinking a few cups of green tea each day to gain its benefits and says that in tea-drinking cultures, 3 cups per day is a normal amount. The University of Maryland Medical Center bases its dosage recommendation on the amount of polyphenols, or active antioxidant compounds, in green tea. It suggests getting 240 to 320 milligrams of polyphenols each day -- the amount in 2 to 3 cups, depending on the brand.
Web MD says this about the Dosing
GREEN TEA DOSING
The following doses have been studied in scientific research:
AS A DRINK:
Doses of green tea vary significantly, but usually range between 1-10 cups daily. The commonly used dose of green tea is based on the amount typically consumed in Asian countries, which is about 3 cups per day, providing 240-320 mg of the active ingredients, polyphenols. To make tea, people typically use 1 teaspoon of tea leaves in 8 ounces boiling water.
- For headache or restoring mental alertness: tea providing is up to 250 mg of caffeine per day, or approximately 3 cups of tea per day.
- For improving thinking: tea providing 60 mg of caffeine, or approximately one cup.
- For reducing cholesterol: drinking 10 or more cups per day has been associated with decreased cholesterol levels. Theaflavin-enriched green tea extract, 375 mg daily for 12 weeks, has also been used for lowering cholesterol.
- For human papilloma virus (HPV) infections of the cervix: green tea extract, 200 mg daily alone or in combination with topical green tea ointment, for 8-12 weeks.
- For preventing Parkinson’sdisease:
- Men consuming 421-2716 mg total caffeine (approximately 5-33 cups of green tea) daily have the lowest risk of developing Parkinson’s disease. However, a significantly lower risk is also associated with consumption of as little as 124-208 mg of caffeine (approximately 1-3 cups of green tea) daily.
- In women: more moderate caffeine consumption seems to be best, equivalent to approximately 1-4 cups of green tea per day.
APPLIED TO THE SKIN:
- For human papillomavirus (HPV) infections of the cervix: green tea ointment alone or in combination with oral green tea extract, twice weekly for 8-12 weeks.
- For genital warts: a specific green tea extract ointment (Veregen, Bradley Pharmaceuticals) providing 15% kunecatechins applied three times daily to external warts for up to 16 weeks has been used.
Green Tea Smoothies
The Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Is It Hype, Fact or Fiction?
It does seem to be hyped but there are many, many completed studies, carried out, observed, documented, reported and released on how it helps our bodies. It's practically reported to be a wonder drink, a superfood. I don't know. We can always talk it over with our health care provider if we are fortunate enough to have one. I have however, added it to my drink rotation. I still love my coffee, but I put the water on for my tea nearly on a daily basis. If it can help me just a little I'm hopeful and pleased. I drink it with good and great expectations.