Are B12 Lipotropic Injections Effective for Weight Loss?
Losing Weight With B12 Lipotropic Injections
When an important event is on the horizon, like a wedding, a beach vacation, or a prom, many people feel pressure to shed a few pounds so that they can look their best.
One weight-loss method that is gaining popularity is to use lipotropic shots of B12. "Lipotropic" compounds are those that help catalyse the breakdown of fat during metabolism in the body. While these injections are not new, they are being discussed more among weight watchers of late.
Are they safe? In this article, we’ll look at:
- What are lipotropic injections or B12-lipo shots?
- What do the shots contain?
- Do they work for weight loss?
- How safe are they?
- Is it possible to take too much B12?
What Are Lipo-B Shots?
Lipotropic injections, or Lipo-B, contain essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that help boost the metabolism.
Providers of Lipo-B injections list the following ingredients:The lipotropic portion of our Lipo B injections is composed of three amino acids:
- Methionine: This is an important antioxidant and amino acid. It is important for the growth of new blood vessels.
- Inositol: This is a vitamin-like substance. It improves mood and is used to treat panic disorder, high cholesterol, insomnia, and depression.
- Choline: Choline is a nutrient that supports energy levels and metabolism.
- Vitamin B12: Deficiency of B12 (methylcobalamine) can cause fatigue, pale skin, and digestive problems. B12 helps form red blood cells, so without it our bodies don't absorb iron as well, which is why some people with B12 deficiency are anemic. The vitamin also improves our central nervous systems and metabolism.
- L-Carnitine: Not all Lipo-B injections contain this amino acid, so you should check with your provider. L-Carnitine helps the body produce energy. It is important for heart and brain function, muscle movement, and many other body processes.
Do B12 Lipotropic Injections Help With Weight-Loss?
Many people with B12 deficiency are most likely to lose weight after getting a B12 injection. According to the Mayo Clinic, people who don't have a deficiency are unlikely to lose weight using this method.
Even for people who benefit from B12 injections, no weight loss diet or pill is sufficient in and by itself. The best results are achieved by a holistic approach to weight loss.
Lipotronic injections should ideally be supported by:
- regular exercise
- a healthy diet
- avoiding fatty food, liquor, salt, and sugar
- a positive attitude
Key Facts About Lipo-B Shots
- Dosage: Research has not shown any harm from taking excessive amounts of B12. The supplement has a low potential for toxicity.
- Side effects: There are no known risks associated with taking B12 injections. As with any supplement, you are using them to lose weight, let your doctor know.
- Prescription: Do you need a prescription for lipotropic injection? No, but it is recommended that you consult your doctor. For people who are B12 deficient, doctors will typically suggest injections of higher-than-average doses. This type of injection often requires a doctor's prescription.
- There's anecdotal evidence of dieters who have lost weight with lipo-B shots.
- There are no scientific studies to substantiate the benefits of these injections.
- Lipotropic injections have been around for a while and no side effects have been reported.
- It is advisable to consult your physician first.
B12 shots can help:
- Provide energy boost.
- Increase metabolism rate.
- Increase the chance that your exercise and healthy eating regimen will work.
Effective weight loss strategy
What has been the most effective weight loss strategy for you?
Have You Taken Lipo-B Injections?
What has been your experience with lipotropic injections? Have you or anyone you know has benefits from these shots?
Please leave a comment below, and share your experience with lipo-B injections.
© 2014 Alana Niall