Who Is Caroline Girvan?
Caroline Girvan is a certified personal fitness trainer and an Irish fitness YouTuber. She joined the YouTube community back in 2015 and, in the midst of the home exercises craze, she rocketed to stardom with her EPIC programme.
I personally tried her EPIC Heat Challenge to see if the hype was justified.
What Does Caroline's Channel Focus on?
Caroline Girvan's channel focuses on building a strong and balanced body, as stated in her YouTube description. Her training videos include 1-hour workouts, bodyweight-only workouts, dumbbell workouts, core, and abs workouts, daily workouts, and more. She offers free programs that run for 50 days in addition to her distinct training videos.
Caroline's channel includes a wide range of content, ensuring that she has something for everyone.
- Caroline Girvan - YouTube
Welcome to a channel focused on building a strong and balanced body. The destination will no longer be the focus...you will be too busy enjoying the journey!...
The EPIC Heat Program
The EPIC Heat Program is a ten-week program that focuses on boosting strength and endurance in order to build a strong body. Each workout video is 30 minutes long and includes a timer to help you stay on track. The program is designed for intermediate and advanced individuals.
Caroline posts her weekly schedule on her YouTube channel, along with a program guide that explains everything about the program, including how to get started and what to expect.
Difficulty Level: Caroline makes it clear that her workouts are for people who are at an intermediate to advanced level. It is important to note that her workouts include weight training, so if you have never trained with weights before, you need to learn the basics and start safely to prevent any sort of injury. Having never trained with such heavy weights before, I found it fairly difficult, especially while discussing the EPIC Heat programme. There were times when I felt like I couldn't go on, but I did, and I was pleasantly surprised. From my experience on my YouTube fitness journey, she has to be the one with the toughest workouts. So, if you're a newbie, you'll want to get some practice in before diving into Caroline's tutorials.
Enjoyability: Giravan's workouts are a lot of fun. You never get bored because each workout feels new and distinct. She mixes in some excellent upbeat music to keep you moving while she kills you with her session. Her workouts are designed to near perfection, and you feel like you are being trained by a professional, which she indeed is.
Safety Level: Caroline gives a program guide with all of the information you need to know, and she clearly explains the exercises at the start of each video. I believe that even if you are an intermediate, you will have a low possibility of being injured if you perform the workouts carefully. However, it is extremely important to incorporate weights according to your strength and limits and always check in with your doctor before starting a new health journey if you have some underlying conditions.
- Organisation: Caroline provides you with a guide on her program, and she also has a website where you can easily access all of her programs for details which I found extremely helpful and fascinating. Her work is so well articulated that it felt like signing up for a personal gym trainer from the ease of my home.
- Variability: Caroline's workouts are really well planned, each workout somehow feels different and new, so you never really get bored of doing the same things every day. She provides the schedule for each week and keeps you updated.
- Personal Growth: One of the best things I experienced while trying Caroline's workouts was how I was able to see myself grow and achieve physical goals, which I really couldn't see myself doing.
Let me be very raw here, I had never been to a gym before trying her workouts, so it was my first time trying a whole 45-minute planned workout session, that too with weights. I could barely keep up with her for the first few days, but before I knew it, I got better, and suddenly, I was completing every session effortlessly. I also increased my weights and resistance as I progressed with the programme.
Caroline is a professional, and that really shows in her workouts.
Caroline has nearly perfected the art of home training professionally so it's really difficult to list some negatives, but here are a few changes I hope she provided to make the journey a little easier.
- Basic Level Training: As signified above, Caroline's workouts are for intermediate to advanced levels. Even though she makes it clear, I would love to see some videos for newbies who are just getting into the fitness world or people who have never trained with weights before but have a good fitness level in a different field of fitness. Even though I paved my way through the struggles of dealing with weights, weight training is different for everybody.
- Injury Risks: Any form of workout can lead to an injury if not done properly but considering that Caroline's workouts incorporate serious weight training, it can really put you at risk if you haven't trained with weights before and have little to no guidance.
The Final Verdict: As a Physical Therapist
Coming to the bottom line, personally, I would rate my experience with Caroline a solid 9.5 out of 10, deducting the 0.5 for lack of basic guidance, as mentioned earlier but again, this is something I believe which can be improvised.
In some layman's terms, finishing the EPIC challenge felt really awesome. It was a total game-changer for my fitness journey. Apart from being able to lift heavy weights, I could feel the crazy difference in my balance and core stability. I just didn't become physically stronger and gain some muscles, but my body was fully trained in various different aspects.
As a professional physiotherapist, I am really happy to see someone who is certified in the fitness field on YouTube. Caroline's work is so professional that it feels completely different from trying some basic home workouts. It really makes her stand out from the wide variety of fitness YouTubers present on the platform.
I found her workouts fun, enjoyable, motivating and complete. It really felt like I was being trained personally by a professional, being a professional myself.
I am hugely aware of the fact that the fitness journey can be different for everyone. So, if you are looking for something to up your fitness game and also increase your strength, I would highly suggest you try Caroline's workout. Repeatedly highlighting that if you have some underlying conditions, please do check in with your doctor before starting your health journey. Precautions are always better than cures.
Remember, your fitness journey is not just about how you work out, but also about how you eat and rest both physically and mentally. It is extremely important to be patient with yourself. Results take time and how you choose to treat yourself is on you.
Try It Out!
So, would you like to try Caroline's workout? Let me know in the comments below what you think and if you have any queries feel free to ask!
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.