How to Get the Best Butt Ever
The contours and shape of your body is something that is on most people's minds. It seems everyone wants to have a nice butt, but not everyone is willing to do the things they need to. If there is one thing I have learned in life, it is that nothing comes for free. If you want something you must be willing to put the time and effort into it; and if you do then you want to make sure you are getting the best results.
Not all exercises are created equal. Some exercises work specific regions of an area. Knowing the right exercises to hit a certain muscle is key to attaining your goal. Below are exercises that are going to target those crucial areas that will enhance your backside. No more doing a huge amount of exercises with no real result. If you do these exercises and stick with them, you are bound to have a better butt!
Hip-Lift Progression is a great way to relieve tension in your lower back while working your butt.
- Lie on your back, arms at your side with your knees bent.
- Lift your hips towards the ceiling and hold for one count and lower back down. You can extend one leg and move it with your hips if you want to up the intensity.
- Repeat the lifts for 60 seconds, while squeezing your hamstrings and glutes at the top of the range of motion.
- If you choose to extend your leg do not forget to do the opposite leg as well.
Toe Taps are an exercise rarely used, but should be.The bottom part of the buttocks is an important area to work on. It is usually the looser part of the butt. Doing this exercise will work that exact area and help you to sculpt your lower fanny!
- Lie on the floor with your arms down by your sides.
- Lift your feet, bending your knees 90 degrees so your thighs are perpendicular with the floor
- Slowly tap your left toes to the floor and then tap the right toes.
- You will alternate tapping feet for one to two minutes. (If you feel any lower back pain then do not bring your toes all the way down.)
Squat with a kick-back is a powerhouse move that will work that core, but more importantly, your butt!
- First stand with feet shoulder width apart.
- Sit back into a squat while bringing your fists close to your chin as you do.
- As you come out of the squat, extend your arms out in front of you while you bring your leg straight out behind you.
- Return to the squat position when done and repeat on the other side.
- Remember to keep your weight on your heels.
- As you extend your leg behind you, remember to keep your hips square with your body.
Squats work so many muscles and are great at sculpting those glutes! They work your lower legs while strengthening your core, lower back and hips.The most important thing here is to do weighted squats. This will give you more bang for your buck! If you are doing numerous squats then you are toning what you already have; but when you add weights you are sculpting because you are adding more muscle. We all know that muscle burns fat so you do the math.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Have your toes pointed slightly outward.
- Position the weight bar firmly on your back.
- When you squat, squat until you are below parallel, the lower the better, because it puts the emphasis on your glutes and hamstrings. (The more narrow the stance, the more focus that will be on your quads.)
Single-Leg Squat with Towel. This exercise is aimed to hit the back of your butt and the lower part of your hips. You know the part that tends to spill out over your jeans! Nobody likes that! Well do these and that will help to bust that fat!
- Stand with your feet together.
- Place your right foot on a folded towel.
- Put all your weight on your left leg as you slide the towel slowly out to your right.
- Return to the start position.
- While you do this keep your elbows bent and fists together near your chin.
One leg barbell squat is a way to get more out of your squats. These squats are also known as the Bulgarian Split Squat. When you do these squats, positioning is very important.
- Stand as if you were doing a weighted squat (with barbell on shoulder) with your foot situated behind you on a bench.
- Drop your back knee to the floor.
- Go down as far as you can go and then repeat that.
Weighted walking lunges will elevate your heart rate and make you feel it the next day. No pain no gain! If you feel the pain then change is coming! Keep at it!
- Dumbbells in hand with your arms by your side, step forward.
- Take turns lunging alternate legs with each step.
- Make sure your knee never extends past your toes.
Plie is a part of the Brazilian butt lift workout. This move really works!
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder length apart. Have your toes pointing outward.
- Have your arms straight in front of you and lower in a squat.
- Go as low into the squat as you can without letting your knees go past your toes.
The carving curl will target your hamstrings and your glutes!
- Lie face down on the floor with your head on folded arms.
- Squeeze a 1lb. dumbbell or a rolled up towel behind bent left knee, foot flexed; make sure to tuck pelvis as to flatten out lower back.
- Lift your bent knee a few inches off of the floor, then lower it.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Questions & Answers
© 2015 ChristinaDawnG