How to Get a Bigger Booty Through Exercise and Diet
How to Gain Weight in the Buttocks and Thighs
I have tried out hundreds of different and weird ways to gain weight in the derriere, and here I'll tell you what worked for me personally and what didn't.
- Set a realistic goal Where do you tend to gain weight? Assessing this first will help you develop a game plan. See specific advice for different body types below.
- Work out! Develop a regimen that focuses on weight-bearing thigh and glute exercises and includes others like squats and lunges. Videos demonstrating all recommended exercises appear below.
- Eat to gain weight in the butt Your meal plans will depend on where you tend to gain weight naturally. If you already gain weight quickly in the buttocks area, eat seven small meals of whole grains, vegetables, and fruits throughout the day.
- Dress your butt up! Wearing padded clothing, jeans with pockets on the butt, and belts will emphasize your buttocks and make it look bigger.
Shape-Specific Workout Tips and Meal Plans for a Bigger Butt
Your Body Type
What to Eat
You already gain weight easily in the buttocks area.
Your butt and thighs probably need toning. Mix cardio with strength training.
Eat a lean diet of whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. Ideally, eat seven small meals throughout the day.
You gain weight in the stomach area.
Combine an ab workout with butt and thigh exercises to make sure your stomach stays slimmer than your booty.
Eat a high-protein diet and lots of vegetables.
You gain in the thighs
Focus on longer, easier workouts rather than quick bursts so lean out your thighs while building the butt.
Eat lots of lean protein, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables at every meal.
You gain weight in the face and arms.
Avoid doing too much cardio, which will keep your butt from growing. Instead, focus on weight-training.
Eat a lot and often. Avoid salt and drink lots of water. Ideally, prepare your own food instead of purchasing prepared foods.
You just can't gain weight!
Avoid cardio and focus on an intense weight-training regimen.
Eat heavy, starchy foods with a lot of fat, including pasta and steak.
How Do You Gain Weight?
If you want a big, round butt, the first step is to assess your own weight and height and recognize which areas tend to gain and lose weight. Without this assessment, you have no game plan in terms of getting a bigger butt! I personally gain and lose weight most rapidly in the boobs. If I do nothing, they grow. If I start to exercise, they shrink!
Once you determine where you gain and don't gain weight, you can use the information to your advantage. If you are lucky and do gain weight quite rapidly in the booty area, your regimen will be more focused on nutrition as opposed to fitness. If the opposite is true, you will be relying heavily on fitness to change what your body wants to do.
My Own Journey to a Bigger Booty!
I began by doing my research on Google. I found a lot of nutritional/expert information claiming that you can't really "grow" your butt, at least not naturally. I do agree that there is absolutely no way of going from being stick-thin to getting a Kim Kardashian booty naturally. However, it is my personal experience that you can vastly increase the size of your butt with a lot of hard work. I didn't start seeing major results until the beginning of the third week of following my workout/diet routine, so it does require a bit of endurance and a lot of patience.
Here are just some personal tips and methods I used to get a bigger butt in three weeks! Keep in mind, I used no surgery, pills, or supplements. I did, however, take a multi-vitamin throughout this process.
If You Already Gain Weight Easily in the Butt
Although I will be recommending some general exercises in the next portion, keep these guidelines in mind when planning your strategy:
If you already gain weight quickly in the buttocks, then that area probably need some major toning. For you, cardio will be mixed in with strength training. You will also be eating the leanest diet to really tone and perk up your butt.
All the food you are eating is already going to go to your butt. So what you need to do is eat a lot of extremely healthy foods. Consume whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. If you're not looking to lose weight, you can be easier on yourself overall, but either way, you should make sure you're eating throughout the day. Ideally, you want to eat seven small meals of different foods. If you want to lose weight in addition to perking up the butt, you'll have to stick to a really high-vegetable, high-lean-protein diet. Focus on eating turkey, chicken (not fried!), lean pork, tofu, seafood, fish, etc. with lots of vegetables.
If You Gain in the Stomach Area
If this is you, then you have to work twice as hard on your fitness regimen. Not only do you need to work out your buttocks area, you also need to include ab workouts. Why? Having a smaller mid-section is a huge factor in how large the booty looks. If you have a smaller mid-section, there will be a more definite shape change between your small waist and larger butt, and we need all the help we can get!
You also need to eat a very high-vegetable high-protein diet. Yes, you are trying to bulk the butt, but your body is probably already good at gaining weight. It's just a matter of placement. Just like the plan above (which you should read), you also need to eat super healthily, and fitness will be the main part of this plan for you.
If You Already Gain Weight in the Thighs
This can actually work to your advantage. No, you don't want wobbly thighs, but many butt and thigh exercises actually go hand in hand, so you probably won't be doing any extra work here. You will be focused on longer, easier workouts rather than quick bursting ones. Why? You need extra-light weights to lean out the thighs while gradually pushing up the butt.
Because you are doing cardio, you should eat lots of lean protein, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Really try and incorporate these items into every single meal. If you're not looking to lose weight, eat your three square meals a day. If you are trying to lose weight, be sure to snack only on vegetables, fruits, and proteins throughout the day.
If You Put on Weight in Your Face and Arms
This is probably the trickiest scenario, because the best way to get rid of a chubby face is lots of cardio. But too much cardio will completely wipe out your butt. For you, the goal should be eating a lot and often (but healthy foods) and doing lots of weights.
Put down your salt shaker and pick up the water. It'll be tricky, but you really have to read every nutrition label to investigate the salt content. Hate doing that? Eat only food you've prepared yourself, including veggies and fruits. Eat lots of natural proteins like nuts and avocados. You'll need a good amount of fat, just not on your face!
If You Can't Gain Weight at All
If this is you, then you're like me. You are going to have the toughest time. Our bodies just won't give us any fat to distribute. (Not that you can literally distribute it.) Many nutritionists will not like this idea, but this is what worked for me:
- I avoided cardio like the plague. I tried to reduce the amount of cardio I did by taking my car everywhere.
- I had to eat heavy, starchy foods with a lot of fat. Granted, I did stick to healthy fats. I ate lots of pastas and steaks, not just ice cream and pies. Think protein.
- I had to push myself to lift the heaviest weights and do intense strength training sessions rapidly and sporadically throughout the day.
As for your diet, here is where it gets controversial. I have a hard time gaining weight. Therefore, I had to eat a lot and work out a lot. But at the same time, whenever I worked out, I had to try really hard not to break a sweat, because I knew I had to avoid cardio. I did eat a lot of fatty foods. I tried to eat a healthy amount of fat for every meal including breakfast and dinner. I reached for a lot of olive oil, cheese, fried chicken, and steak. You have to eat a lot of protein, that is key. It was a constant struggle because I would attempt to never allow myself to get hungry. It was difficult trying to bulk up.
Although I am aware that you can't "select" where you gain weight, you can at least manipulate how your body processes various foods. Experiment with yourself. This is simply my own observation. When I tried to eat a ton of "fake" foods and fat from sugary things like tons of candy and funnel cake etc., it ended up going more towards my boobs and stomach. Only when I switched to eating lots of butter and cream-based foods did I notice a healthier balance with the fat distributing more evenly to the rear.
Exercises to Increase Your Butt and Thighs Fast
Here are my personal favorite exercises that I found to be of most help making the butt appear larger. Keep in mind the strategic plans listed by body type above and incorporate these exercises into that plan. If I recommended that you go light on the weights, use light weights while doing these. If I recommended a slow, long workout, do the lunges slowly, but for 20 minutes!
Lunges to Grow Your Booty
Do a variety of lunges. When your foot goes down into a lunge, you have to use your butt muscles to bring yourself back into a standing position. Don't just bring your foot back to the other foot. That's not working anything. What works? Doing them super slowly with many reps.
Try side lunges, lunge jumps, back lunges, back lunges into a front kick, lunges with weights, and lunges on a downward and upward incline. Do them throughout the day.
Squats to Grow Your Thighs
For me personally, squats did squat. For those wanting to trim thighs, I do not recommend squats, as they can make thighs look larger. For those without that problem, here is my favorite squat:
- Keep your feet wide apart.
- Go down into a deep squat so that your body is below your knees.
- Instead of coming up like a normal squat, jump up high, kicking your toes out to the sides, then land back into that deep squat.
- Do 20 at a time.
They're painful, but they're the only squats I like for booty-busting!
Martial Arts to Shape Your Lower Body
I obviously can't teach martial arts in one sitting, but practicing a martial art is incredibly good for shaping the lower body. Try one like karate by following along with a video or DVD. The ones with lots of kicking are best—so don't go for tai chi. One of my favorite ones is capoeira, since it routinely involves kicking and lunging (and dancing!).
Booty Lifters With Weights
Invest in a pair of ankle weights, as they'll make all the difference in the world. My fave exercise:
- Get on all fours and lean on your forearms.
- Raise one leg at a time and kick it out to the side. Bring your leg back to the ground, then repeat on the other side.
- Keep alternating for 10 minutes.
Take the Stairs to Grow Your Butt
If you have a shape that shouldn't do cardio to increase your booty size, don't run up stairs. Instead, find the steepest stairs you can climb (or climb two or three steps at a time) and slowly "lunge" yourself up the stairs. You can also use any knee-level platform for a step up, which works the same muscles.
For those that need the cardio, go stair-running!
Create a Combo Workout to Gain Weight in the Butt
Make your own fun combination routines. You want to constantly surprise your body and work your butt at any existing angle to really help bulk. Here is my personal favorite combination that I strung together:
- Start with feet together and weights in hand.
- Lunge back deeply with your right foot.
- Return to standing, but without letting your right foot touch the ground. Instead, raise it up to eye-level and "meet it" with your other hand (so your right leg and left hand should be straight in front of you, parallel to the ground).
- Then immediately go into a deep lunge to the right side.
- Return to standing—again, without letting your right foot touch the ground. Bring your right bent knee up to your chest.
- Then, without lowering your knee from your chest, raise your arms all the way up and lean your body to the left. Kick your right leg to the side.
- Repeat 10 times, then do the left leg 10 times. (This seriously got my butt into gear!)
Another combination can be seen in the video below:
Quick Tricks to Make Your Booty Look Bigger
Have a goal in mind to keep yourself motivated on the difficult task of getting a bigger butt! It'll be a long three weeks, so do it with a friend.
Don't have three weeks? Here are some five-minute butt fixes!
- Buy jeans with a padded rear. Not only does it pad, but it lifts as well.
- Buy padded undergarments. This is the same thing, but it's better because you can wear it with any jeans, dresses, etc.
- Wear jeans with pockets that accentuate the booty. Be sure the fit of the pant is just at the hips. Any higher and you booty will just get smaller. Try pants that have a little stretch; the pants will then form to the shape of your body.
- Wear a top that slims your waist. Remember, the slimmer your waist, the bigger your derriere will look.
- Add a belt. The addition of a belt will also help lengthen out your hips and butt.
Good luck! To all the gals out there in search of a bigger butt, I hope this helped! Thank you for reading.