How to Lose Inches Fast with No Cardio Using Callanetics
I've been reading through a lot of misinformed websites that claim to be able to make you lose 20 lbs of fat off your belly in a week and other such ridiculous schemes. Truth is, if it were that easy, we'd all be thin, wouldn't we?
I dedicate this article to anyone out there who is struggling to fit into their clothes, to have more energy and feel better about themselves, whether they are new mothers like me, someone who hasn't exercised in a long time, or someone who doesn't have the time to workout an hour at a time everyday. This is for you!
The Callanetics Exercise Method
Callanetics was developed by a woman named Callan Pickney who was born with spinal curvatures (scoliosis and swayback) and after experimenting with different exercise techniques, developed a program of exercise that was specifically designed for anyone with a sway back or back problems based on her background in ballet.
She created a series of exercises that not only targeted specific areas of the body such as the hips and behind, but designed the exercises so that they involved no jumping or jarring of the joints whatsoever.
Callanetics exercises are unique because they isolate muscle groups using tiny, precise (yet powerful) movements. The exercises tighten and reshape your body while increasing strength, flexibility and body alignment.
When I started doing Callanetics I was a single mother living on social assistance in a one bedroom apartment. I couldn't afford cable, never-mind a gym membership or any kind of workout equipment! I had experienced back labour with my first daughter and I had difficulty just walking around for several weeks after she was born. I also have a sway back and problems with my left hip (I had a congenital hip when i was born). The apartment I lived in was hard wood flooring with concrete underneath. Jumping around in my living room wasn't something I was prepared to do.
I never had much self-esteem growing up. I was teased and bullied throughout school about my nose and my weight. I really wanted to be able to start feeling good about myself again. I tried different exercise methods, but most of them were too complicated, or too painful.
It was my mother who introduced me to Callanetics. She took the book out of the library and showed me what it was all about. She figured it would be good for me because Callan had a sway back too! Turns out, my mother was right. From the first time I did the exercises, I was hooked! No other exercise routine made me feel as relaxed and yet fatigued in my muscles at the same time. What was more amazing was how fast I started losing inches on my waist, hips and behind.
Why You Lose Inches fast
Each of her exercises tighten specific muscles in the body in a way that causes them to shrink in size. These exercises do not melt fat off certain parts of your body, such as your belly. You cannot spot reduce fat. What they do is tighten the muscles beneath the fat. You will feel the burn in your muscles, as you fatigue them to the point where they will begin to shake. Just performing the exercises will also allow you to burn calories and fat.
The first area on my body that I lost the most inches was my waist. Because I noticed my waist getting smaller so quickly, it gave me even more motivation to keep doing the exercises.
The exercises look deceiving because you move your body only a fraction of an inch at a time, and yet the burn is very intense. Do not let appearances fool you.
8 Reasons to Give it a Try
- You will be able to see the results after one workout.
- It doesn't matter how out of shape you are before you begin. Callanetics can work for anyone.
- It's inexpensive. No special exercise equipment is needed. You can do all the exercises in the privacy of your home.
- You can break up the exercises into segments if time is an issue. It's best if you can do the full hour workout, but the stomach exercises for example, can be done separately. This is something I really love about the program. Having a 9-month old I don't really have a full hour all to myself.
- The stretches are excellent at helping to elliminate cellulite from the backs of your thighs
- It's a great way to transition into other types of exercises such as weightlifting or even cardio if you haven't exercised in a while or had a baby recently.
- The abdominal exercises are ideal for women who have had a baby because they are gentle movements that help to flatten and tighten your stomach muscles.
- The exercises are safe for anyone who suffers from back problems or has a sway back.